Starting Whole30 Today -- Wish Me Luck!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LeeAndra, Jul 10, 2017.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I've done a couple of months of research & am used to cooking every day but I will still take all the tips, tricks, & good wishes that I can get!

Everyone I know who has done it has had really great results, and I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal who needs to see major results quickly to keep motivated.

If any of the designers feel like making me a Whole30 kit, I wouldn't complain. :giggle

I know most of my people don't want a blow-by-blow account so I started a new IG just for my Whole30 stuffs that you can check out here: instagram.com/whole30wholeme

I'm 80% excited and only 20% nervous so I'm counting that as a win already.

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm doing keto which is a bit different than Whole 30 but each is a low carb diet which is what I think works so well if you can stick to it. Don't be discouraged if you crave and feel restricted for the first week or two. Stick with it and your mind set adjusts and it becomes so much easier, as you've developed a new habit of eating. I don't crave carbs at all and don't even miss the junk food which I never thought would be possible.

Good luck to you and focus on good you are going to feel not eating all the crap!

LeeAndra and Danyale like this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Every time I think of this, I feel like having a dish of ice cream. My resistance to change is getting out of hand so I wish you the best and hope you'll post your progress to encourage people like me.

LeeAndra likes this.
  4. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Good Luck LeeAndra -- I wish I could do something like this but those darn breads do me in.

LeeAndra likes this.
  5. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Good luck, LeeAndra! I started doing intermittent fasting a month ago, so I know starting something new is never easy. I'm sure you'll rock it. Let us know how it goes! @LeeAndra

LeeAndra likes this.
  6. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I just started keto this week!! Quick lunches and what to eat for snacks are the hardest part for me.

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Awesome! DH and I have just finished our first week on Whole30 and haven't run up against any issues so far. In fact, I've been surprised how full I felt all the time. It was only today that I really started feeling hungry between meals! I did find that I felt quite bloated on Days 4 and 5 but other than that its been all good! I have a Pinterest board with a bunch of Whole30 recipes on it if you are interested. Some of them aren't 100% compliant as written but can be adapted very easily.
    https://www.pinterest.com/janesdavies/whole-30-recipes/

keepscrappin and LeeAndra like this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

You can do it!! Try to not get overwhelmed and take it day by day!

LeeAndra likes this.
  9. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

I believe in you! I know you can do it! I've lost track how long I've been doing keto but somewhere around 15 weeks? Anyway I'm on month four and loving it. It has a lot of similarities to W30. My best advice is to be patient--the time will pass anyway. In fifteen weeks I've gained a pound or two 3x. And the difference between this leg of my weight loss journey and others in the past are that this time around I have ignored those gain weeks and kept on. I have never weathered those in the past all that well.

Because yanno. Impatient. But truly...trust your plan and be patient. It WILL work. I think that is fundamentally the only difference between people who are successful in their WLJ and people who aren't--the people who are, keep at it and don't quit. Plain and simple.

I've heard lots of wonderful things about Whole 30. When I did clean eating in 2012 and lost 40 lbs, I was doing a plan very similar to W30. I think you're going to do wonderfully!

LeeAndra likes this.
  10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

GOOD LUCK!!! you've gotten good advice here! I've never done any of these type of diets so I don't have any advice.

LeeAndra likes this.
  11. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I did this and many things stuck!

One of those......I keep baked sweet potatoes in my fridge wrapped in foil. Quick lunch - bam!

janedee and Lena Gardner like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog