spring break | pad patter 4.2.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Apr 2, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's spring break here and I'm both excited and bummed. I'm excited for spring break because I don't have to teach this week, but bummed because my hubby has to work. It's month end for him and he's working long hours. I was hoping we could go south for the week and get some warmer temperatures. It's been so cold and dreary here. You'd never guess it was April.

My youngest is off for spring break, but my older kids have college. We don't have anything grand planned for our spring break. I know... boring! It just isn't as fun without the whole family.

Yesterday we did the eye appointment thing for my youngest and she and I went out for lunch. Today, I'm hoping we can do a little shopping for summer clothes and our Disney trip. Since we couldn't go anywhere for spring break, we're going to Disneyland in May to get in a family vacation before my oldest DD goes on her mission. We're hoping we can meet up with some other friends that didn't go out of town for spring break to hang out and have some fun, but for the most part our spring break is going to be pretty chill. I'm hoping to catch up on some scrappin and get DD to clean out her room. We've been sleeping in and just taking it easy. Spring break will be over before we know it, so I just want to relax and really enjoy the break. I'd also love for the sun to come out and stay out. Sunshine always makes me happy.

So how about you, do you have any plans for spring break? Maybe you've already had spring break. If so, what did you do?

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Everyone else in the office went on vacation so guess what I get to do?!

I am trying to work out Chicago meet-up deets for the weekend but it looks like my husband will be out of town so I don't think it will work out to come up/over.

Just a crappy week all 'round, I guess. :disagree

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We don't have Spring Break, but the children will be off school for the Easter holidays from the 13th - 28th. My older two children have been invited to take part in a children's orchestra residential trip for 3 nights during the first week. There are 10 from their orchestra going. Then they both get baptised on Easter Sunday, with family visiting us.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We follow the college spring break schedule so we had ours the second week of March. We decided on a relaxing vacation with 2 of our 3 children. We went to Lake Lure, NC, which is in the mountains. Yup, 20 minutes of windy, 35mph to the nearest grocery store or any store. No leaves on the trees but it was in the 60s and sunny most of the days we were there. We relaxed, played board games, watched TV, did 2 puzzles, cooked and ate in, ate out, went hiking one day and shopping another, and played mini-golf. I organized my EHDs and hard disk (I am trying to make an EHD to store off-site at my oldest son's house). I scrapped some too. One day I didn't even leave the condo. It was great to wake up and not have a plan to run off somewhere. Only thing I would have wished different was leaves on the trees so my mountain pictures would not be so brown and grey.

keepscrappin and Angela Toucan like this.
  5. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Our Spring Break is from the 15th to the 22nd. I don't get that time off since I am a 12-month employee. I'm hoping to take a couple of vacation days to do something with the kiddos though.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We have Spring Break later this month, and we are heading to the Dominican Republic. I can't wait. All inclusive, Caribbean, and 3 fun families!

The next couple of years, I want to take a cruise again, and then I would love to do a Colorado/Maine or mountain/lake trip somewhere! :)

keepscrappin and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Our spring break was last week.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

Dang! Hope you get to go to the meet-up.

9. keepscrappin

Sounds wonderful!

10. keepscrappin

Sounds like a wonderful spring break! I love playing board games and was trying to get the family to play some with me last weekend. I'm gonna keep trying. Maybe I can get DD and her friends to play some with me when they get together later today. Here's hoping!

11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

When you're retired you forget about these things. I was just reminded last night that my time at the beach for the next 2 weeks coincides with spring break. Which means my beach will be very crowded.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

That sounds so FUN! My hubby loves to travel and would be all over a trip like this! He loves to travel. I'm more of a homebody but going with friends would be fun.

jk703 likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

oh no! :overreactI wouldn't want to be on a beach with college spring breakers!

14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Oh nooooo, Donna! @djp332 We used to live in Myrtle Beach (9years) and we would hide inside during Spring Break- kids were little then, and noooo way were were taking them into that scene, lol! And parking- fahgettaboudit!

djp332 and keepscrappin like this.
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

We hope to go up and "spy out the land" in Nashville during our Spring Break. There is little Kurdistan there and we want to experience it. :driving:yup

BevG and keepscrappin like this.
  16. keepscrappin

Sounds fun... hope you have a great time!

AJK likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Spring break :lmao:compcoffee:cry:tantrum:imok
    We don't get one.
    Our only break is Good Friday and the Monday after Easter.
    Yep, 2 days, that's it.
    I'm just hoping to knock out a couple of house projects with the time I have.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

My son's college only got one day on a Friday. I hope you get your house projects knocked out.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Luckily, the condo we rent is just across the street from the beach. We can walk.

20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I think the two week break around here starts on the 12th....honestly it’s just another day to me but I will say while it’s easier to get around, the shopping malls are crazy so i try and limit going to them while school is out

keepscrappin likes this.