Soup season | Pad Patter 2/27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

We eat a lot of soups. I always make them myself, I don't like the canned ones.
    Often make a very large pot of stock, and freeze that in 1 liter containers, so I have a base for what ever soup I fancy doing.
    Faves are :
    Widows soup ( board bean,peas ,and potato with a homemade chicken stock base. (You add cheese and egg to that )
    Pumpkin.with a chicken stock base.
    And 2 different types of veg soup. One with pulses . ( lentils and other dried stuff,plus loads of veg.) And a beef stock.
    One with a lot of veg,including cabbage,made with a chicken/beef stock.
    Oh I am hungry now.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love soup season because I have several easy to make soups that are hearty and then we can have leftovers for a few days afterwards too! :giggle Unfortunately, no one else in my family really loves soup and definitely doesn't want it for more than one meal.

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Split pea is my favorite! ;) I have a great recipe that uses a lot of veggies & ham, so it's not just a green bowl lol!

I make a yummy chicken crack soup in the instant pot- that's been a good one for the whole family to eat! https://wholelottayum.com/instant-pot-crack-chicken-soup/

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

6. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I purchased a soup maker a few years ago and love a freshly made soup. Some of my favourites are Carrot Coriander, Spiced Butternut, French Onion, and Creamy Corn and Sweet Potato. I also love to just throw in whatever veg we have left with some stock and spices to make vegetable soups.

7. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I love soup, and really enjoy making it from scratch (makes the kitchen smell so comforting and homey, and makes me feel like a domestic goddess, LOL). Some of my favs: lentil soup; an Indian-spiced chickpea and potato soup; and minestrone. In summer I also make gazpacho.

But though I generally prefer homemade, I also really love Campbell's classic canned tomato soup. I have tried several recipes for homemade cream of tomato soup, and honestly, I prefer Campbell's (I think it's partly the nostalgia factor: one of my favourite childhood lunches was Campbell's tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich).

8. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I like soup when it is homemade. I have only come across a few store bought soups that I actually liked. My favorites are wedding, French onion, tom yum, tom kha, tomato, cream of mushroom, and good 'ol chicken noodle.