SooooOooooo?? Do you wait up or GET up and read challenge?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Shhhh! You're disturbing the books

Last year I waited, but this year I get up at 3:30 am to take my hubby to work, so I go to bed really early. I check at 3:30 though to get my juices flowing.

bestcee likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh Swooning for warm bread & butter

I wait up! Only for an hour and then if it doesn't post I go to bed.

3. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

I usually am up late, so I check before bed. Here lately, though, it's been either or and sometimes both!

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic College was bad for my reputation

I go to bed with the chickens because I get up at 5, so I usually check as soon as I get up in the morning. Then I have the day to think about it at work. It's going to get real interesting for the rest of the month because I will have to be out until almost bed time with DS 2 days a week. I will be playing a lot of catch up I'm sure.

5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Oh my gee ... I'm so surprised at how many people get up early by choice! Maybe it's because I don't go to bed until around midnight. Seriously, my alarm goes off at 6:15 and I make 500 excuses why I should hit the snooze alarm. On a typical day I get the troops wrangled and off to their respective destinations and I'm at work by 8:00 ... but I would totally sleep in until 9am if I didn't have to be at work leading meetings.

6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Well-Known Member

Early riser. And, the MOC Challenge forum is the first thing I check when I wake up these days.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm a night owl, so I'm up.

8. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Well-Known Member

It's the first thing I check in the morning on my phone before I get up around 6am EST. I also like to check in throughout the day from work and think about the challenge. I love seeing all the different ideas people have. Sometimes I get an idea right away and plan my page all day in my head until I can get home and get a chance to get started!

9. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

I'm definitely a get-up and look in the morning. I have to go to work by 6:45 am so I cannot stay up until midnight or I'd be worthless the next day. :giggle

10. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

Chronic pain + fibro + migraines means my internal clock is busted, so one day I might wake up at 4am, another I might not fall asleep until then. I have a bad habit of surfing on my iPad in bed, so this month, I'm keeping a browser window permanently pointed at the gallery and I hit refresh-refresh-refresh...!

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm pacific time- so some of the early ones are posted at 9pm my time- I love that! ;) I usually look before I go to bed, so I have time to think about what I want to do or how to tackle the challenge. I often don't get to scrap until after kids go to bed the next night- so lots of thinking time! :D

12. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Last thing I check before bed.

13. Eyeore

Eyeore Think it over, think it under

I check first thing, one advantage of being 7 hours ahead of the USA, sometimes I am lucky and it has been posted, other times I stalk the gallery until it's there.

I was away for 5 days now and am all caught up and patiently/not so patiently waiting for day 15.

Karen likes this.
  14. knclark

knclark I like people who smile when it's raining

I love when the challenge is posted before I go to bed so I can ponder what pictures and how I will scrap the layout. But if it’s not posted before I go to bed then it is one of the first things I check when I wake up.

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

One time in the past I stayed up after midnight to check and finally went to bed because I sure am not a night owl . For whatever reason, that person had a personal issue and the challenge came later in the day. I'm usually in bed by 10 and up by 6 so that's just fine with me!

16. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I am definitely a night owl but that doesn't matter since I am in the wrong timezone! :compcoffee
    So I check in the morning and if the challenge host is an early bird I can read it when I have my breakfast.

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

In past years, I was anxious and I was caught up. This year I am sort of meh and check when I turn the computer on, which some days has been very late in the day. At one point I was 10 days behind. As of right this minute, I am only 2 days behind. But I am going to go walk and then fix dinner and then try to get those last pages done to catch up.