So sad...

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Cristina, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I am so sad that Borders is closing! :( It is our bookstore and we feel so lost to know it will be gone soon! Where do you shop?

2. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I get sad every time I see a brick & mortar book store close. :cry We still have a Barnes & Noble close to me but I rarely get to go anymore. I don't like to take my son b/c I can't look at any of my stuff! :giggle I stick to the library with him b/c that way if I grab something I don't like (since I look pretty quickly) at least I haven't paid for it. It seems like the only book shopping I do anymore is on the Kindle.

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i just think one day we will look at our society that is bookstore-less and we will grieve for what we've done. sacrificed something pricesless for the sake of convenience. sucks.

i usually shop at b&n when i paper book shop.

4. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Totally agree Rebecca. I love going to B&N, grabbing a Starbucks, and browsing the books. When I do have a chance to do that I will often add a sample of the book (since those are free) to my Kindle so I can remember the title or author for later. I have noticed that often the price at B&N is less than Kindle if it is on the sale shelf.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The closest bookstore I have is an hour away. We used to have both Border and Barnes and Noble, but the Borders closed a year ago. I always preferred B&N anyway. I could spend hours just wandering in that place.

6. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I always preferred Borders, but I'll guess we'll be going to B&N now. Buying books online just isn't the same thing. Sure, I do it when it's cheaper, but I don't think I could buy a book blindly like I would in a bookstore, after picking up the book and checking it out. :(

7. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I am a totally loyal B&N customer. I buy tons there...from ebooks to paper books to toys and gifts. I just love it and I am always happy with their CS and they have oodles of coupons (I don't shop without one!). I just love BN!!!

8. interstitchal

interstitchal New Member

It is really sad - I like Borders and Barnes and Noble for different reasons. And it really isn't the same shopping online.

The closest Borders to me closed a while ago - but I was still driving to the nearest ones.

9. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I've honestly never shopped at a Borders. I used their bathroom once in Long Beach!
    I don't think I've ever had one near where i've lived, so it's always been B&N for me!

10. renee82

renee82 renee82

We don't have Borders here so I basically shop at Chapters and Coles... but then again I barely read books anymore but since my youngest will be in school in the fall who knows what I will be able to do extra... ;)