Slow Scrap (blending technique) 6-28-18

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, Jun 28, 2018.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Shar, this is a slow scrap, you have 24 hours to complete it, (Karen has indicated above that it needs to be done & posted by 10 p.m. EDT on 6/29) and while it would have been great for you to attend the chat, it isn't a requirement for participating. You still have time for this one! Usually there is a little goodie if you complete your layout in the alloted time. Post your completed layout in the SPEED SCRAPS gallery & then link back here.

Then there are the speed scraps... Again, they start out with a chat. Those are generally required to be done within an hour after the chat is over, maybe a few minutes longer... I've participated in both slow & speed scraps, it is amazing what everyone can come up with in such a short period of time. And then we always have fun during the chats. :-)

Carol K., Karen and SharLamb like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Great minds think alike! if you like that template... go for it! :)

umyesh likes this.
  3. Karen

There will be a new calendar posted around July 1st with the next batch of live chats and scraps. Sometimes we just chat in the chatroom and sometimes we chat AND do a speed scrap or slow scrap. The speed scraps you'll have an hour after the chat to finish your page and the slow scraps you get 24 hours to finish your page. The instructions are doled out a little at a time in the chat room and usually are posted in a forum thread too, so you can play along however you prefer. There will also be a forum announcement thread started a few days before each live event too here in the forum so you can watch out for those too. I hope you can make one next month. They are tons of fun!

SharLamb likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Thanks, Marilyn. It’s just that next time I’d like to join the chat if I can. I was home when this one was going on, so could have. But I didn’t know.

5. Karen

I'm loving the pages so far everyone! Thanks for playing along and for those that came to chat last night too... it was fun! I've sent out prizes to everyone that finished a page already... so check your conversations. :agree

SharLamb likes this.
  6. SharLamb

Okay! Thanks, Karen. I’ll get better at this, I’m sure! I enjoyed the speed scrap earlier this month.

7. Karen

Oh bummer that you were even home! I know a lot of girls will check out the calendar at the beginning of the month and then add all the chats in their calendars (and I set reminders on my phone) so we don't miss them. :) I have another chat planned for next week that going to be a chat and a fun little game... Haven't picked the exact date yet, but will try to let you know once it's settled. :)

SharLamb likes this.
  8. SharLamb

Thanks everyone! I’ll pay closer attention to the announcements next month. We’re golfing today, but I’ll try to get a page done by deadline.

Karen likes this.
  9. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

I posted my page to the wrong place, but Karen's the best and found me anyway. This was so much fun! Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  10. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I missed the chat, but made a page. I blended the feather paper into a plain wrinkly paper.
    [​IMG]

Karen, Cherylndesigns and mcurtt like this.
  11. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great directions. I've had fun playing with blending. I blended a floral paper from Little Miss Can't be Wrong with a solid paper from Gypsy. Here is my page.
    [​IMG]

12. SharLamb

Thanks for the fun challenge! Next time I hope to join the chat live.
    [​IMG]

13. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fun challenge. I blended two papers from Fairest One of All to create this:

[​IMG]

Karen, lorieh and Cherylndesigns like this.
  14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I was sad to miss the chat but I didn't get home until it was over. Here's my page! Thanks for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

Karen, lorieh and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Sorry I missed the chat. I blended the pink star paper (also at the bottom) onto the white wrinkled paper. I know my photos are not in the middle, but I loved this template. Hmm, guess all that ripped paper doesn't really follow the instructions either. Anyway, here it is and I learned some more on using PSE -- always a plus!! :happydance2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  16. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

I used 2 different blending methods (a simple one for the bg and the 'friends don't let friend's fonts float!' one for the title) so I skipped step n.4 (no frame for me).

[​IMG]

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think i just missed the end of the 24hrs but i blame the movie DH picked and the fact that i'm clearly not able to multitask like ?Cheryl with her Law and Order - anyhoo, i blended the scales looking print into the green background because i found typing 'dragon' into the search bar gave me a hundred kits with dragonflies and very few dragon options so i made do - these frames by Lynn G (that are half price at the moment!) also made it easier after i picked photos- thanks for the prompts :)
    [​IMG]
    (my behind the photos is the dragon and paint; my on the photos ellies are the vellum wordart, heart button and flair)

18. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Here I am, just under the wire. I had a hard time with this, but managed to do it with a mask and blending modes. I will have to try some more, so thank for the directions!
    [​IMG]

Karen, cinderella and Cherylndesigns like this.
  19. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm waaaaaaaay late but still wanted to play! I don't think I've ever blended paper using the gradient tool before so that was cool to learn!

[​IMG]

20. Karen

Ok! I finally found two seconds to send out prizes to the rest of you for your fabulous pages and for playing along! :) Be sure to check your conversations!

BevG likes this.