slippers ? in out and about?|pad patter 1.20.2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I must wear slippers in the house. or my feet freeze. I even bring them to family/friends houses to wear. I WILL not wear them to the store though I always threaten I will to my kids to embarrass them. lol

2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

as for your dangerous slippers, get rid of them! no matter how cute they are, if you're going to wear them in the house, they must be practical. OR make them your shopping slippers and wear them outside only. lol

3. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I go barefoot inside most of the year since it's warm where we live. But on cold days I wear slippers... we worked from home for 7 months in 2020 (right through autumn & winter) and I actually ended up with holes in my slippers since they were the only "shoes" I wore.

PS. I wouldn't be seen dead in slippers or PJs outside the house!

4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

7AD5F5C2-1EE2-4E5C-AB4A-7CE07AB4F7B3.jpeg I am not a slipper girl - give me a pair of warm fuzzy socks (with the little plastic dots on the bottom so I don’t slip). I have a pair of Reef flip flops by the door that I slip on over my socks and scooch around in until I get the toe strap where it belongs - I look like a geisha girl at this point - to run outside for the mail or just to sit on my porch swing. I also wear night gowns so no pj’s outside of my bedroom almost, much less to the store.

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I wear slippers indoors only, the mule type, no back.
    As someone said before, sandpaper the bottoms,to make them less slippery, or glue a chamois leather stripe underneath.

6. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I have a pair of slippers that are like fluffy flip flops, I purchased them just before Christmas. But they spend more time in the shoe basket than on my feet. I hate wearing anything on my feet in the house, my feet just get too hot.

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I do wear slippers. Inside, not to the store. They are slip on with the back open as here in Michigan it is winter and we have hardwood through out the house so the floors are chilly. I do have an old pair of slippers that I do wear for going to and from our outdoor sauna, that way I don't ruin my good slippers.
    @bestcee Courtney, I need to find those slippers for my daughter who has been working from home during this Pandemic she was just telling me the other day with winter here she has to wrap her feet up in a blanket because the floor of her apartment is so cold, think carpet on cement slab.

bestcee likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We aren't slipper wearers. I wear socks. Rest of the family goes around the house barefooted.

If we need to run outside for mail or trash, the boys leave soccer sliders are near the door. I use theirs. (I'm quite sad that they have bigger feet than me now, they are growing up). Boys do wear the soccer slides wherever... usually not in the winter though. I would too, they have gel in the foot part and are super comfy.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am barefoot most of the time, in winter I have slipper socks.
    Slippers only inside the house though.

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yes slippers (& pj's) are for inside to me but from what i've seen at the shops and around the area, that's antiquated thinking to a lot of people!
    You must polish your floors too much Anne :giggle - either that or you need extra grippy slippers