Silhouette / Planner Help!!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by RebeccaH, Feb 12, 2016.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I am feeling bummed right now! I got the new planner collection, all excited to play with my new Silhouette, but none of the pre-put-together sticker cutting pgs fit in the registration area for the Portrait...
    I know almost nothing about the Silhouette yet, but it was my understanding that you can't put stuff inside the grayed out areas when the registration marks are turned on, or it won't print / cut properly. Is this right? Or am I ok to do that?
    Help!

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

If you're on the screen where you put the registration marks on, you can adjust the marks. Move the inset sliders (under Position) all the way to the left. You might need to move the length slider, too. This will make the grey area smaller and hopefully everything will fit. I don't have the latest one to try it but I know I had to do it for the January collection to get it to work.

Karen likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think that is a correct statement. I've never wanted to print an entire sheet, so I just made myself a template in Photoshop with the registration marks and keep out areas. Then I drag in what I want inside that area. I also make another version with those same shapes in all black so that I can use that to get the outlines for cutting. I could post that photoshop file if you are interested.

I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but that's what's worked for me.

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Thank you, Karen! No worries. I can put together a file to use as a template. Thank you for the thought!

5. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

You want to stay out of the gray areas. You also want to be careful with shrinking your registration marks too much. That can mess with the reading of them.

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I didn't know you could mess around with those registration marks at all. I'm going to have to try that out sometime!

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I almost always shrink the registration marks down and I haven't had problems reading them on matte paper. I have some glossy sticker paper that is more finicky, though.

RebeccaH likes this.
  8. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I've had quite a bit of problem with it. I never could quite figure out if it was my printer or my Silhouette's fault.