Shutterfly Update

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by RebeccaH, Oct 15, 2016.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

So, for those who have been long time Shutterfly users... you may have seen my thread about their recent "improvements." I wanted to give an update in an effort to avoid any Shutterfly panic! :giggle

1. I DID contact customer service via 'feedback.' They did not respond to me specifically, but they did sent a message saying they can't respond specifically to all feedback but they will consider it and look into it, etc.

2. I have had ZERO luck editing or doing ANYTHING with my books that were started before the update. They seem to be frozen in time - untouchable. Someone smarter than me will have to be the one to figure that out.

3. BUT... I did have an epiphany... so I started those 'in process' books over with a new photobook. And ta-da! It seems they really MIGHT have made actual IMPROVEMENT! :giggle The editing of NEW books is super easy! So my plan is, essentially, use the photos I've already uploaded and redo my books that aren't finished. Maybe a little tedious and duplicate work, but worth it to me to be able to keep my book formats the same, etc.

I just wanted to pass along what I've found / learned so far, in case anyone else could use the info.

Karen, QuiltyMom, djp332 and 3 others like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yikes. Glad you were able to figure out a work around. I haven't made a shutter fly book in a long time. Now I'm curious to go take a peek at their site!

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Good to know you got it figured out - in your own way. I don't have any books there in process but next one I do is going to go on a couple sites and then I'll wait for the best coupon! That may be 5 years from now but that's my plan!

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Well, here is my latest drama with Shutterfly. I'm trying to be patient. Last Friday, tracking said that UPS delivered my book to our local Post Office. It sat there over the weekend and then Monday was a holiday, so no mail delivery. Then I get notified that my book is in Ohio! What! So it was in Ohio all week and today it's back in Pittsburgh, but not yet my PO. So, it's the weekend again and still no book. My guess is I might get my book on Tuesday? But who knows? !0 days and counting.
    web_Shutterfly.jpg

5. RebeccaH

Yikes, Donna! That's frustrating!
    Earlier this year, after we moved, a book I ordered from Shutterfly got shipped to my old address, even though I had updated my address. I called Shutterfly, and they just reprinted the book for me, no questions asked, and shipped it to my new address! Stuff like this is why I REALLY don't want to go away from them as a company.

I really hope that you get your shipping straightened out!!

6. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

Ugg - thanks for the heads up @RebeccaH - seems like every time I use Shutterfly it's something new and different (and usually frustrating)- hope they will listen and implement some of your feedback.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so glad that you found a solution. I actually created an account with Blurb after I read your post and then they emailed a 40% coupon which would make a 100 page book cost about $65. I think I'm going to try them out and see what I think... just as another option and maybe to save a little money.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm right there with you on this! Their customer service has been great. When there has been an error (which has not been often), a replacement book gets printed and shipped out right away. With their free unlimited photo storage, I also like giving them some business since I have something like 66,000 photos stored there right now. And finally... I don't like change :-) I have a hard time switching away from something unless they really give me a reason to.

I'm on a customer advisory panel for them and I have expressed to them some thoughts on their changes. I honestly think fewer and fewer people are actually printing these days (we're the definite exceptions to this) and instead of a campaign focused on getting people to print, they keep messing with how the process works or adding new products thinking that these are the reasons people aren't printing. I'm hosting a pilot program trunk show for Shutterfly tonight, I'm curious to hear what my non-scrapping friends have to say about their photo printing habits.

@djp332 That is soooo frustrating!! I hope it arrives soon!!

jesskab likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@djp332 Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Last year I ordered a calendar. I waited, and waited. It was sent via UPS Mail Innovations. I had a tracking on it, UPS couldn't do anything with it, neither could the Post Office. So I called Shutterfly, they immediately sent me out a new calendar. And guess what, 3 weeks later (at least) along comes calendar #1.

RebeccaH and jesskab like this.
  10. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

looks like around the moon delivery, although this may be the carrier, not shutterfly. just sayin.

RebeccaH and djp332 like this.
  11. djp332

Yes, I don't know who to blame. Probably the post office. It finally arrived today.

RebeccaH likes this.
  12. djp332

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your post.

13. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

That sounds fun! I've done a few things for them over the years since they're based here in Redwood City (where I work). I've missed out on a lot of freebies lately cuz I just haven't had the time.

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

How cool!

The trunk show sounded fun and now I'm not so sure. Everyone is canceling. A lot of the women I invited are friends from my daughter's former middle school. Most of them have younger kids still in the school and they just found out that their volleyball tournament game is tonight :-/ Oh well. I needed a minimum of five people to give feedback and that's exactly how many I have at the moment. Fingers crossed no one else cancels!

I've missed the last couple of freebies myself... but mainly because I didn't really have a use for them. I didn't know what to do with just one free placemat (I realized too late that I could have made a fun one to go under the dog's dishes). And I can't remember what the last one was.... notepad, maybe? I should have just done that one as a gift for my mom. Oh well. I hate missing them though since they're completely free (including shipping).

15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@tkradtke I have a stack of personalized notepads. The last one I did was 10 free cards, so I made Halloween cards. I have a few reusable shopping bags. If there's no holiday near the offer, I just get Thank You cards.

tkradtke likes this.
  16. RebeccaH

Oh good! I'm so glad to hear it finally got to you! What a relief!

17. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I could have screamed Sunday - it took me 3 hours to figure out how to upload 72 pages in order to print a book. I finally gave up and started looking at other sites to print from, but my book was going to cost a lot more. I finally found a suggestion that I could upload all my photos to my shared site and then access my photos from there.

I absolutely could NOT upload my jpegs - either straight into an album or straight into my project. It was crazy to me that I had to go through a "backdoor" and upload into my shared site.

I've been less and less happy with them. It also took me longer to edit my book because when I chose the full page jpeg option for a page and dropped the jpeg in, it never dropped in correctly and I had to resize each page.

took me 4 hours to upload and order a book.

#sharedfrustration