Show me your favorite MASK...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

not weird... beautiful! my hubby's eyes are almost yellow... THAT IS WEIRD! They were green when we got married.

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

mine are yellow at the centre too, have been like that as long as i can remember, it's an iris melanin or pigment thing and not usually anything to worry about -it's a heaps milder variation of y'know how sometimes, rarely, people or animals are born with each eye being a different colour, like one eye is blue and the other eye is hazel or something else, that looks a lot more strange and noticable!) but if they have changed substantially over the years there might be something health-wise underlying it, not that i want to freak you out (i know it's hard enough with men and health stuff!) but it might be something to mention when he has to see a Dr for something else, or if he has glasses and has his eyes checked regularly, it's something they may have already casually discussed.

Dalis likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

For him might it's genetic, yep. It skips a generation in the males of his family. They are born with the bluest eyes and they stay blue until they are 10 years old, then they change to green and once they hit the "elder" stage (in my kids eyes 40+) LOL!!!! then they start turning hazel/ with a yellowish tint.

bellbird likes this.
  4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Oh I love this idea - I might have to do something like that for my daughter.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It was super easy to do. I keep meaning to make more, but haven't found the time. I just used iron-on t-shirt vinyl. Come back and show us if you do, I'd love to see!

Donitab likes this.
  6. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I have been making masks and have tried 3 or 4 styles. My husband and son only like the gaiter style ones that are stretchy and basically a tube of fabric that can be pushed down around the neck outside or in the car, then pulled up over the nose for going indoors. They worry me, because there is only one layer of fabric and as they are stretching over the nose I think the fibers probably have bigger gaps between them than would be considered safe.
    My girls like the more fitted ones with ear loops and I tend to like the ones which tie behind my head and neck. I made some for my parents and put iron on decals of their favorite college. We live in Alabama and they are huge fans of Auburn University football. My husband, our kids and I all pull for the University of Alabama, so this was kind of a bipartisan "crossing the aisle" gesture. 2020-06-26 16.04.23.jpg