Shoes | Pad Patter 5-2-2023

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, May 2, 2023.

1. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Skechers Go Walk 2s ... LOVE them, but the tread is worn nearly flat and they slip on wet surfaces. I'd love to get another pair, but I haven't found another style that I like.

I have a pair of flamingo lace up Vans and a custom made pair of slip-ons with flamingos that I've never worn b/c I don't want to mess them up. And I just ordered myself a pair of Sperry boat shoes, but I got mine in leather.

Karen and umyesh like this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oooo, I love those pink ones. I loved the Vans that were like ballet shoes... mine wore out. They had a smaller "front area/laces and had the look of ballet slip ons. They don't make them any more. I even made a page with them for MOC for Dalis's challenge.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    Karen and Memaw2Wm like this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I never been into fancy shoes and I like comfort for my arches etc....so I have been and will always be a sneaker head. As a teen I had a ton of sneakers, mostly Nike, that I wore. I've never been into heels or any uncomfortable shoe...I hate with a passion for my feet to hurt in anyway. I've also seen the effects on my aunt and my MIL with wearing heels everyday because they've both had to have bunion surgery as the squeeze of the heel toes have pushed their big toes inward. OUCH

I don't wear a lot of Nike anymore, as over the years they seem to be narrower than I'd like. So I buy a LOT of New Balance. They are super comfy!!!
    I have way too many pairs, but always looking to add more. ROFL

I wear these for work everyday because we are business casual and they go with my black slacks I wear everyday (yes I have like 5-6 pairs of the same kind because I love them too, see a theme here, lol)
    [​IMG]

I have these for my everyday - weekends errands etc...
    [​IMG]

and another pair just like those for "fun" weekend outings etc, or just to be "cute" in this color (never worn yet)
    [​IMG]

and I have these for walking on the treadmill
    [​IMG]

and these for walking outside for exercise (just got these)
    [​IMG]

ROFLMAOOO....
    I also have 2 pair of Nike Air from Christmas that I haven't worn yet. I can't remember what "model" they are since hubby got them for me, but yeah, they're sitting in a box waiting to get some air too!!! lol

Karen likes this.
  4. jk703

I like that they have all different colors! I can wear sneakers and jeans to work, I might have to try out those Blck, white, light purple ones! I would need shirts to go with it in the purple, lol! I have black ones! :giggle

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Yes always have to have at least one shirt that matches lol

6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My sister has always been the shoe gal between the 2 of us. I've always just had a pair or two in each category! The bonus right now is that my daughter & I wear the same size- so since she's young & fickle, if a shoe goes 'out of style' or just something she never wears- they become mine! ;) I do have high arches however, and like everything else as you get older- comfort over fashion is winning lately. My favorite summer shoes are either my silver birkenstocks: [​IMG]
    Or these Reef platform sandals are crazy comfortable!
    [​IMG]

I also just got new shoes for at work and have been really happy with these Brooks shoes for arch support and all day wear: [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  7. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Flat shoes for me to now! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of my Hey Dudes! I also like vans and other slip-on comfort casual shoes. But if I had to pick just one shoe to ever wear, that would be the Hey Dudes.

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Most of my shoes are black. Right now it's slippers as the temperatures are cool.
    I bought new shoes and boots, which traveled all over Europe with and seemed to have enjoyed their trip - even though I never wore them once.
    For all that walking I chose my trusty old sneakers.

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

100% of the time flats - I have bad feet, have had since I was about 8 or 9 (had to have corrective ankle surgery at 9 years old) and I wear custom orthotics. My usual shoes are something like this or similar
    [​IMG]

10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Um, thanks (I think) ... you just enabled me to order a pair of the Hey Dudes ...

Hey Dude.JPG

jk703 and Karen like this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

These are so cute! I would love these!

12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

My feet like to breathe, but they get cold easy, so I'm usually in thick socks + a pair of sliders from Walmart. I've been having foot and ankle problems so a bit of cushion and support makes a world of difference walking around on our wood floors. I am not a fan of wearing shoes inside...so that sliders are only for house wear.

Nine times out of ten, I am in Asics running shoes when outside the house...mostly because I'm doing yard work or putting some miles in walking. I've tried many brands over the years, but Asics have been the best for my feet, knees, and hips.

13. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

In Finland we don't wear shoes in the house, but I collect shoes, lol, seriously, not planning to wear them, they are in all kind of shapes, colors and styles, the most weirds that I own are a couple from won hundred, so rare shape that I'm sure that none on Earth can wears them, lol. My favorites are flip flops with arch support and mule clogs.
    These are my favorites for summer
    2c135153-9382-4e7c-a6a3-1c386532cf56.jpg
    sanita.png
    also these ones
    Sanita.jpg
    and these for spring - autumn or when I'm wearing pants.
    sanita autumn.png
    For winter usually winter boots.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  14. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I totally forgot to say, that I don't like plastic, fleece or artificial leather shoes, my winter shoes are real fur with wool lining, and summer shoes are almost 100 % leather, except the sole. This doesn't apply for running shoes, they can be all the artificial possible, just comfortable.

jk703 likes this.
  15. jk703

The first pair are so cute!

G.J. likes this.
  16. jk703

I just saw Hey Dudes... now I want to try them! Thanks for the recommendation!

17. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I own only four pairs of heels, which have been bought for weddings etc. I used to own loads of heels and would wear them all the time for work, but as I have gotten older I go for comfort.

I live in boots through the winter, I love a western style boot worn with my long maxi dresses. Then during dry spring / summer months I live in my flips flops or my boots if we get some rain.

jk703 likes this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love sandals.

Usually this style for everyday.
    [​IMG]

This style if I want to dress it up a a bit.
    [​IMG]

I've also been embracing the white tennis shoe style when I want socks.
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  19. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

When you wear a size 4 womens or a children's size 2, your choices are limited. Unless it's Sunday, I am probably wearing my Chacos. (All year round, this is South Florida.)

[​IMG]

20. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club