September Muse - Week 3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Sep 20, 2022.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hello again and welcome to week 3 of September's Muse challenge which is all about four of the main phases of the moon, so we are up to the Full Moon.
    • New Moon - New Beginnings
    • Waxing Moon: Time for Action
    • Full Moon: Completion
    • Waning Moon: Conscious Endings

Week 3 | Full Moon: Completion
    This phase is the culmination of the moon's waxing phase when the moon becomes full, round and as bright as it can be. The full moon represents completion, it is a time for the new seeds planted during the new moon and nurtured during the waxing moon to finally bloom. You can use this heightened energy to come into your full power as well. It is a time to release and receive.

Who has never sat beneath a full moon and gazed at it with wonder, and thought how magical it was! The moon is at its peak energy and full potential which can also mirror the same thing for you and your spirit.

Themes you can explore in your art journal during the full moon include; surrender, trust, intuition, communicating with Spirit or your angels, the third eye chakra, the crown chakra, forgiveness, release and the energetic cleanse.

Be aware however, as the moon is directly opposite the sun during this phase, so it can also be a time of friction and more intense emotional energy.

Keywords;
    - completion
    - celebration
    - high energy
    - intuitive
    - trust

Affirmations and Prompts: I created this board with some affirmations and prompts that can be used in your art journaling for this week's challenge if you so wish. All images/text from Pinterest.

[​IMG]

Art Inspiration: and another board that might give you some art inspiration as well. All images from Pinterest.

[​IMG]

Challenge for Week 3

Create a layout about the full moon, it can be as in depth as you like, or not. Perhaps you may simply want to create some art and not think too much, so that is certainly okay as well. :)

Your layout however will need to have these components in it:
    • create a circular shape to mimic the FULL moon’s round shape, once again this needs to be the main focus of your layout
    • add a keyword from the list above or some affirmation type wordart to your page as well, either from the inspiration board above or something else that 'speaks' you this week.

My page:
    I used my own photo of the full moon and inspired by some of the pictures in the board above I chose to use a stock photo which I turned into a silhouette and added some word arts that resonated with me this week. The very tiny script that I clipped to the silhouette is the wording from the affirmation and prompts board above, the top middle one: " I bravely let go and allow the Universe to reveal its beautiful plan for me."

[​IMG]
    Credits in the gallery.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. Please make sure to read the challenge rules in pink above!:) The challenge would also suit doing it in sections if you want to do it that way, but perhaps divide your page into 4 squares rather than 4 vertical rows. :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Midnight EST Sunday Oct 2nd, 2022 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! Every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times. :)

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this week! :)

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for an0ther week. So it's part 3, and my daughter is now in university.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  3. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I was inspired by your Art Inspiration board, with the silhouettes in front of the full moon. I chose the wolf, my favourite wild animal, and a symbol of courage and intuition.

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  4. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

6. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

ooohhhhh!!! :clappy:clap:happydance2 so excited to see these lovely layouts!!! wowsers girls, they are brilliant!!! :heartlub:happyclap I need to go hang some washing out but will pop back later to leave some love on your layouts in the gallery! :beat

Lillyia likes this.
  7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this muse ❤️

[​IMG]

wombat146 and Lillyia like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

9. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Sneaking one in!

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love all of these! So cool!!
    Even Bart thinks they are amazing!
    2022DSD.png

Lillyia and wombat146 like this.
  11. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

12. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

KISSES FOR BART!!!

wombat146 likes this.
  13. onaponakookt

onaponakookt Well-Known Member

my page for this theme can be found here
    somehow the link shows my original image, but I changed it directly after uploading...strange!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022