SEPTEMBER 2018 - Monthly Muse - FIND YOURSELF - Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I decided to find the paint swatch that matched my skin color. The process was fun, but more difficult than I had expected. For my ATC, I sampled each color swatch with a program on my phone called Color Grab. Then I colored one half "Peach Silk" and the other "Peach Sachet". I also recolored Rebecca's "Kendra" face half each color.

[​IMG]

2. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

LOVE that!!

3. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

This Is Another Great Challenge!...I Find That This Month Of September...In Particular...I Am Ready For A New Season...A Fresh Fall...A Time Full Of Bright Fall Colors...This Got Me Thinking About This Week's Challenge...I Like Summer But The Last Few Summer's Haven't Been Kind To Me...The Weather Here Has Been Way Too Hot & It Has Wreaked Havoc On My Health In Many Not So Positive Ways...So I Haven't Really Been Able To Enjoy Summer Like I Have In The Past...But That Being Said...Fall Has Always Been My Favorite Time Of Year No Matter The Year Etc...There Is Just Something About All Those Leaves Turning Into All Those Bright,Beautiful Colors That Just Makes Me Smile & Fills My Heart With So Much Joy...I Mean Red Has Always Been My Favorite Color But Not Just Red...Any Shade Of Red,Dark Purples,Magenta,Burgundy,Orange,Rust,Brown,Dark Greens,Emerald Green,Teals,Dark Turquoise,Navy & Dark Denim Blues Etc...These Colors Are All Indicative To The Fresh,Crisp Air & Cooler Days Of Fall & Also The Perfect Time To Wear My Favorite Boots,Scarves,Jackets Etc...I Guess It's Just Who I Am...It Identifies Me...So Hence The Idea & Foundation Of My Layout For This Week's Challenge...Basically I Have Encompassed A Lot Of The Bright Fall Colors I Mentioned Above In My Layout Mixed With A Few Teals & Blues...Along With A Few Key Words & WA To Further Encompass My Feelings,Idea & Theme...Sort Of The Idea That We Have The Inner Power & Strength(I'm Soul Searching For Mine Everyday) To Go Through Life & Discover Who We Are Along The Way While Living & Dreaming Of How Wonderful The Future Really Can Be...Thank You For This Wonderful Challenge!...:love

*For My The Colors Of Me Layout-I Used:

*Aspen Dolls-Collection/Brooklyn Buntinghill-Collection/Rhodes-All By Rebecca McMeen
    *Forever Joy-A Is For Autumn(3 Items Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Cherylndesigns and Carol K. like this.
  4. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

I am all colors.
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

To be completely honest here, these challenges have always intrigued me but also frightened me. But I'm going to jump in and see what happens this month. I'll be back shortly with my LO.

mimisgirl and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

YAY! @DisneyMom just give it a go in whatever style you are most comfortable. I can't wait to see what you do.

DisneyMom likes this.
  7. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Well, I went for it and this is what turned up.
    [​IMG]