September 20 Inspiration Challenge: the media

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by Iowan, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Hello all!!! I’m enjoying the last days of summer and excited about hosting this challenge.

How many times does our inspiration come from everyday life? While waiting for my husband at the doctor’s office I read the Country Living Magazine and was impressed by its wonderful table of contents.

media-challenge-2017.jpg

How does this medium inspire you
    ? Is it the stunning photos, the list feature, the simple dashed grid, or perhaps it’s those little numbers that get your creative juices flowing? Let’s see how this table of contents inspires you.

Here is my take on this challenge.

[​IMG]

Please follow the Lilypad Gallery Guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

BevG, jenn mccabe and HeatherB like this.
  2. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I, too, was inspired by the look of the table of contents to create my page.

[​IMG]

Iowan likes this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm waiving the white flag!! I really love the diamond shape, but I'm have trouble finding stitched diamonds, do you know of a kit that has one?

4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

@bbymks5 for my grid I just used a chunk of a dashed page border and copied it over and over making a grid horizontally and vertically. Then I linked it all together and shifted it 45 degrees. Next, I cut off the extra lines outside the intended shape and added lines where needed. It was not very efficient but I finally got there! Clear as mud? Good luck.

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. bbymks5

Clear as mud :dizzy I'll go back to the drawing board :)

Iowan likes this.
  6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

7. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

8. bbymks5