Self Tanning Lotion blaaaaaaaah

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Jun 28, 2017.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Thanks, everyone! Great suggestions :)

2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm another Jergan's natural glow lover- the smell is a bit off for me- but I usually put it on after the shower & just on my legs, arms. It slowly builds color so I like that it's not obviously fake!

lmccandless likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I am pale Irish girl all winter long. But as soon as the sun comes out and the weather warms up a bit - you will find me outside a lot! So I get dark slowly and by the first day of summer I am tan ... all be it a red irish tan.

I sometimes use tanners - mostly in early spring. I have tried neutrogena build a tan - smells the worst out of all of them, but easy to apply and it builds nice and slow. I have tried a Loreal Sublime Bronzer - also pretty easy to apply - but this one has a weird shimmer that is a bit too much. Would be great for nights out but in the day it just looks fake bc you are literally sparkling. My favorite is St Tropez (like Dawn mentioned) but mine is bronzer lotion not a mousse. You apply it - let it dry and then leave it on for at least 4 hours and shower. it looks pretty dark at first - but after the shower it looks more natural. Then you just do it a few times a week to keep the color.

lmccandless likes this.
  4. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I have never tried tanning lotion - well, I should say, not for at least 40 years! I remember using something when I was HS and having my skin turn orange. After that I thought no tan was better than orange!

bellbird likes this.
  5. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

I used to have very light brown-ish skin tone. So, tanning lotions were never an option lol
    Though now I am quite faired skin (due to lack of sun exposure and when I got out I always wear a dress with long sleeves and head cover), I still don't think about tanning lotions hahaha! I think I have yet to see one IRL :P

jesskab likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Jergens girl here too, but......make sure you wash your hands very well. I love the face one....and can go without cover-up after a few days application.

7. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

OMG...funniest thing I've heard today. :rofl. I'm right there with you, Carol!

Iowan likes this.
  8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Embrace the brilliance that is your paleness Laura! My daughter is as pale as Casper and she tried self tanning lotion to get that "back to the beach glow" and it left streaks and overlaps and left off bits everywhere YUCK! She looked like a zebra ... I am NOT even joking haha. Its just too much hassle if you ask me ... be the fabulousness that is you :D

[​IMG]

Sokee, londoncuppa and mrs2a50 like this.
  9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

OK, I used Fake Bake for the first time yesterday afternoon and woke up this morning pretty tan (for me)! I am definitely going to use it a few more times before vacation! Thank you!!

enjoyyourpix and Tree City like this.
  10. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Back in the day I tanned easily and of course, living downunder I was always at the beach as a youngster and in my teens I was a 'surfie', virtually living at the beach every weekend. :giggle But's funny how family individuals inherit different genes, my older sister used to 'hate' me as I would tan as soon as I went out in the sun while she had to go through the getting red/sunburn stage a few times before getting brown! lol. Two out of my four kids tan easily but the other two have to be careful and start getting their tans gradually otherwise they get sunburned.

I tried a tanning lotion once a few years ago when I was travelling with work. Applied the lotion before bed in the motel, waited a couple of hours and showered and all was okay. The next day I had a long break in the middle of the day so back at the motel I applied a second coat, waited and showered. THEN I noticed the palms of my hands were a lovely shade of orange and I had to go back to a training session that afternoon!!!! :rofl:rofl I didn't pay much attention to scrubbing my hands after I put the lotion on did I???!!! As I was the trainer, for a computer training class, I had to walk around the room to help people which involved showing them things on the keyboard and screens!!! :lmao So I couldn't really hide my hands, it was sooooooo embarrassing!!!:rofl So no, I don't have any suggestions Laura!! :lmao:lol

londoncuppa and jenevang like this.
  11. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

From one pasty girl to another (and apparently we are in good company), this is good feedback! Have a great trip!

12. renee82

renee82 renee82

I'm a little late to the party but one that I have used with success if the Rodan and Fields foaming sunless tanner! Works amazing!

13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

So glad it worked out. I love me some Fake Bake!