Scrappy Gratefulness

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Dec 26, 2015.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Just a random thread here because I thought of it. Feel free to play along ... or not. LOL.

1. I am scrappily grateful that @AnneofAlamo came back to the Pad. I missed her spirit.

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Right now, I am scrappily grateful for being part of a community where I can be part of sooooooo many creative expressions. I am totally loving the pad, and all the different areas in which I feel inspired (hybrid, project life, scrapping, art journaling, planners, and FRIENDS! ) I am never leaving this place without something (an idea, a virtual hug, etc.), and can only hope I've done this for others.
    :cloud9:glomp:grouphug:happyhug:heartslub

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh this caught me so unaware! Kimberly, thank you. gosh. I am tickled pink to be back too. wow again.

4. enjoyyourpix

There's so much negative junk in life. I love, with all my little heart, to spend time with people who bring out the best in me. Scrappers are my tribe!!!!

5. enjoyyourpix

The past year I've been learning to keep my mouth shut when my brain has negative things to say. And at the same time, I'm opening it up more (or at least letting my fingers do it) when something positive pops in!!!

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'll play! I'm scrappily grateful that Laura (@lmccandless) has created such a wonderful place for us all to hang out and scrap and share our lives.:wub

7. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I love this thread. :beat

I'm so grateful for the inspiration that lives here at The Pad: in pages and projects AND in people! There is a lot of beautiful that lives here. :beat

8. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm grateful that it is not just a scrappy place, but a place for people with varied interests/hobbies and a lot of personalities/experiences. And even with all of the people who hang out here, there is never any drama or difficulty. It is amazing.

9. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I am very scrappily grateful that the Pad is so welcoming and friendly! It's so terrifying to try somewhere new and there is always that chance people are snobby or cliquish or just ignore you - and this is NONE of that. I felt at home here almost right away and I love it. <3 Scrappily grateful for all of y'all!

Jan, jenevang, Danyale and 9 others like this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am holding you to that!
    this makes me giggle and want to sleep in a teepee!
    positive is da' best
    oh so so true
    you add a lot of that beauty from your heart to here too
    sooooooooooooo true!!
    aw, now that is music to my ears...and a smile to my heart

11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

well, I came here already crying after reading my other posts replies.......
    I don;'t think I can reduce my gratefulness to this place to a postable text..... I could be hours here in addition to all you guys have said so well....

at this time my "real life" (which I dislike calling it like that, to me, this is as real as it gets) is giving me a hard time, my daughter has decided to act the "terrible teens" now she is under a couple of month away from being 20..... I honestly, with a hand in my heart, on my mother's health..... I do not know if I would have been able to get through the past few months (well actually the whole year) without this family.

Of course I am so amazingly grateful , for Laura who is one of the most amazing women I have known in my entire 57 & half years of life, for the pollys who from day one gave me a home ..... and each and everyone of the members of this community, I know is difficult to get to know everyone in depth, precisely because of that I am SO hugely grateful for the ones who have ,made an effort during the 3 years I have been here, to get to know me, to listen and help me in moments in which, once again... I could have not have been able to get over without you.

I know this and it makes me so so very happy that you feel it.....
    as I said and will keep saying....
    Grateful for this awesome family we have, the best ever mother hen, and we keep growing........
    (have I mentioned I may never leave my computer again? LOL)
    @Cath_ now we are seriosuly in trouble!!!! who will do anything ever again in our houses? not us!!!!!!!! :rofl

12. MrsPeel

THIS.
    and, @HeatherB ....the blessing and marvel of you being here..... and having encouraged me and supported me always.... :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    every post here I could love and quote and go further into it... but as it is 04:30 and I need to sleep at least a couple of hours.... I'll say good night and come back in a few hours :heartslub

13. enjoyyourpix

@MrsPeel. You, my dear, are an inspiration. I heard you on the (I think) Digi Scrap Geek podcast (is that right?). You have so much heart. Life is challenging you for sure, yet you take the time to show love to all around you. :beat

14. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Oh my...you guys are giving me the ugly cries! It's an honor and a blessing to have this home that each of you have helped to build. It's always been the desire of my heart to have TLP be a place where scrappers can be supported as artists and simply as PEOPLE. If you've been here long enough, you know I sometimes reference the theme song to that old sit-com Cheers..."where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came." Truly, who doesn't need a soft place to land...and more sanctuary in their life? If even one of you has received that here then I have done my job. Given that it's a scrapbooking site, it was almost a given that creativity would live here, but I am most proud of the kindness and caring that lives here as well. Thank you all for making TLP a part of your lives. You well and truly bless me with your presence here and and, especially tonight, with your words. Thank you. Lots of love to you all! :wub

Lynnette, sm_amber, norton94 and 18 others like this.
  15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Isn't it funny that I always feel the same about you Cynthia? That you are a blessing to me, and you always encourage and support me...and you seem to have the most perfect timing...whenever I am in need of a lift to my spirits, you come along and warm my heart and make me smile.

crystalbella77 and MrsPeel like this.
  16. MrsPeel

I think it was Krista as in @norton94 who told me we belong to the mutual appreciation society..... so I wont keep going (also because I tend to cry a lot these days LOL) but I could, for hours..... :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

17. MrsPeel

yes!!!! the pod cast!!!!
    LOVED doing that with the girls!!!!
    thanks so so much,for this and also the lovely, amazing comments you always leave in my pages (again, need to catch up!!!) I am not sure I deserve too much compliment...like everyone, I have my days, but I know for sure I wouldn't be able to get on if not for this community..... so I keep trying my best

[​IMG]

enjoyyourpix and crystalbella77 like this.
  18. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Ah, what a great thread!! I am simply grateful - there are so many things about this place I can't even begin!

Our members, for being so welcoming and accepting of new friends
    Our designers, for cranking out scrapping goodness
    The Pollys, for doing their "jobs" so effortlessly
    Specifically, the challenge team, for working so hard to make my job easy
    Our new members, for being willing to give TLP a try
    And of course, Laura, just for being :)

Okay, enough of this mushy love stuff - I have a Christmas tree to take down and a house to get back in order! :ballonhang

19. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

I'm grateful for such a wonderful digi scrapping community of fabulous ladies from all walks of life

20. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

All you have to do is read each and every response here to see why I am so thankful to first @Danyale for sharing her talent with us all which caused me to land here at TLP. Which allowed me to meet wonderful people like @MrsPeel and @Cath_ and @lmccandless and I could seriously go on and on with the many people who have been so kind and welcoming to me in the short time I have been here! I have NEVER felt so at home in a scrap community as I do here even when I was designing. I am thankful as well for having others to bounce ideas off of and ask questions of, to enjoy a chat with or a cry with if needed. To have huge belly hurting laughs with and even cause a little trouble with here and there...shhh don't tell the powers that be.....he he. And now I am even more thankful because we have even more people to share these things with! Hugs to all!