Scrappy ettiquette

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsEm, May 18, 2018.

1. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

What is scraplifting ettiquette? Do you ask first? Link back to the original layout? Never do it unless invited to?

I like to heavily scraplift to challenge myself to do things I previously didn't know how to do but then I don't upload those layouts because I don't want to be That Girl©.

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I know of one item of etiquette concerning scraplifting is to not scraplift a page that has used a template unless you own that template. It is out of politeness to the creator of the template as that designer has designed the template for her financial gain.

I have not come across a need to ask permission of the creator of the layout but I think to let them know and show what you have created would be a nice gesture.

Cherylndesigns and MrsEm like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep, on the template above from @A-M .

Scraplifts are ok. :tu In fact, we have a challenge some months where we scraplift a scrapper! May's is to scraplift one of the Guest Pollys.
    When I scraplift, I link back to the layout in my post so that the scrapper gets credit. Here's an example (This is Crista's because I can't think of one off the top of my gallery!) If you click on the layout, you can see she shows the original layout. I've also see it done where the layout link (not image) is left and that's okay too!

[​IMG]

A-M, MrsEm and Angela Toucan like this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I link back to the original layout and say what aspect of it I lifted and what inspired me. I then comment on the original layout and let them know I've lifted it and where to find my lift.

bestcee, HeatherB, A-M and 1 other person like this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm the same as Courtney/ bestcee - it's easy to link to the image here with the gallery coding stuff already down the right of the gallery page - i just grab the Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code and paste it in the description box when i upload my lift.
    It's how i did my lift credits with image for this one (it's clickable to go to the gallery page for credits and lift image link)
    [​IMG]
    What do you mean by heavily? Same products and placement? Use it like a quickpage? Everyone scraplifts differently but i'd say as long as you credit the original and products used (and follow gallery upload guidelines), for our gallery here at TLP, it should be all good.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Sometimes, if I have the same kits. Otherwise kind of like, an arrow for an arrow, a tag for a tag.

bellbird likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Either way, as long as you credit it, it'd be fine for the gallery here if they're with TLP products - arrow for an arrow, tag for a tag is how i start - and then the 'creative process' usually takes over ;) Happy 'lifting!

A-M and MrsEm like this.