Scrapping what you don't feel like scrapping

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Jul 25, 2015.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Do you ever struggle to scrap those pages you just don't feel like scrapping? I am about 4 pages away from finishing my first 2015 album (1st quarter... don't laugh!:giggle), and Shutterfly has a sale going on right now that I would like to take advantage of... but I just am NOT in the mood to scrap those few pages I have left for this album. Uggh!

So instead of scrapping the Christmas pages I would love to be doing for Christmas in July, I feel stuck scrapping these 4 blah pages that just don't inspire me.

How do you get yourself motivated when you feel like this?

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Shutterfly is always having some type of sale. I scrap what I want...

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I feel you, Rebecca. What I do is make a list of the pages I need to do (to complete a project), sit down and get through them as quickly as possible, not even focusing as much on the art as the documentation. Then check them off. It's very satisfying and helps me see the end.

Once those are done, sit back and take a break. Do something you WANT to do, scrapping or otherwise. But you'll feel great about your accomplishment.

4. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I'm afraid I'm not much help Rebecca, I am in the camp of do what inspires you at the moment. There will always be another sale.

5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I totally know what you mean. I always have a few pages like that in each book... this book it's my mother's day pages. I usually recite my mantra of "done is better than nothing" and just slap some journal cards on that page, not overthink it and call it done. I am convinced that there are just some pages that I will never find any creative motivation to get done, so I do the minimum I have to do and move on.

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

The above all sounds like good advice. Once you get started just doing something, you might actually get a little motivation.

7. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Make a Christmas page or two, then work on the ones you don't want to? Kind of have fun then do "work" so you can have more fun.

8. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I tend to make a photo collage that is not 'scrapped' at all, but the photos are put together and printed :)

9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

there is that... I used to do that when I was printing.....
    OR

you ca always scrap a page (like Jen (Jenavang) was suggesting above, OR
    what I would do:
    scrap a page with journaling explaining exactly what you are going through, and that maybe the rest of the pages, those 4 pages, will be in the next album...... I think is even a more accurate portraying of your life.....
    I have this tendency to make a record as much as accurate as I want..... so, sometimes I dont feel like journaling....then I would leave it and make a note in the page of why I didnt journal...things like that

10. RebeccaH

Well, I've made some progress! A few of the pages, I just literally plopped photos on a 12x12 and called it done. A few of the pages ended up being more fun than I expected... I just needed to push myself to do them. So now our Vegas trip is totally scrapped!! And I have 1 spread left and 1 12x12 to complete the book!!! :yesss

Here's one of them that turned out to be kinda fun...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  11. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Rebecca - cant tell you how much I relate to this!!! I am doing the last volume of my 2013 album currently...given its the last volume...i have a lot of winter pics...but the designers right now are releasing such gorgeous summer kits that the last thing i want to scrap right now.... are the remaining 15 odd pages of my last volume!

With shutterfly though there is a little trick i discovered. If you contact their customer service, they do give you an extension of generally 30 days for any offer. You might want to try that to give yourself more time! :)

12. RebeccaH

I did not know this! They DO have great customer service, though, so I'm not at all surprised! This is a great tip! Thanks!!

13. RebeccaH

well, I finished, and I got my book ordered!! can't tell you how happy I am to be done with that one!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hooray! :) I just ordered my book 2 days ago too! Now the waiting begins. Did you get the lay flat pages? I have for the last 3 books, but this time I went back to the regular book. I hope I don't regret it. The lay flat books are just SO fat! Lol!

15. RebeccaH

I DID get the lay flat pages. I agree, they are FAT, but I love that the centers of the layouts don't disappear into the abyss! :) Plus, I put a lot of 1/2 pages into my album, which requires that I cut 1/2 of the page off after printing... the lay-flat pages seem to hold up really well to that.

16. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

who has some examples of how their books look? Is it all scrapped, with only a few pictures per page? lots of journaling? or just some scrapped and others only pictures? just curious ;-)

17. RebeccaH

I can try to take a few pics tomorrow & post. The lighting in my house is very yellow @ night... the pics would turn out horribly if I tried to take them right now. I'll see if I can remember!! :)

18. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

At some printingshops you can also order (a free) online version of your photobook, so maybe if someone has that...
    Thank you RebeccaH!

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Frumpje ... I have used Blurb and they also offer an online PDF version .. Mine were wedding books for a dear friend and for my brother too. I gave them the hard covers and the PDF version I have. They do s great job!!!

20. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer