Scrapbooking Podcasts

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by DisneyMom, Nov 18, 2018.

1. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Long time ago I use to listen to the Daily Digi show, I stopped scrapbooking around the time the show ended (4 years ago). It was my go to podcast to listen to when I was scrapbooking. I've been looking for other podcasts to listen to. Lately I've been playing my Disney music and listening to a few Disney podcasts, but I miss the scrapbooking ones.

Are podcasts still around for digi scrapbooking - or did that phase out? I know a lot of people have youtube tutorials/videos (watch Cheryl scrap comes to mind) but I rather have something I can just listen to rather than have to watch, KWIM?

What you listen to?

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have been listening to podcasts daily for a year now but none of them are about scrapbooking. I hadn't thought to look for that. I will be interested to hear if there are any recommendations. :D

DisneyMom likes this.
  3. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

This Memory Keeper's Life with Debbie Hodge focuses on memory keeping in general. I also like some that are general crafty or even might be more paper scrap oriented but still can use ideas/motivation for digital, hybrid etc. Here are a few of those..

Crafty Ass Babes
    Inkie Chat Podcast
    Pocket Talk

Sokee, lvancura, jenn mccabe and 2 others like this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I'll be honest, my husband tried to show me how to listen to podcasts about 4 or 5 years ago. I never figured it out. hahaha. I wouldn't even know where to look.

5. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I have to admit I don't even know where to go for podcasts. Is this like radio?

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Kinda? Apple has podcasts built into itunes. I use an app called podcast addict. Google music and Spotify also have podcasts available in their apps.
    A lot of people use stitcher.

jenn mccabe and DisneyMom like this.
  7. bestcee

I've listen to Pocket Talk and This Memory Keepers life. I haven't found a good scrapbooking listening replacement though for digishow.
    I tend to listen to other podcasts instead.

DisneyMom likes this.
  8. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

I've been looking for good podcasts, too. I think the podcast format is hard for crafty things because it's not visual.

DisneyMom likes this.
  9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Sorry, I have no recommendations for you. I don't listen to podcasts (or audiobooks) because I don't retain information well that way and tend to tune it out completely once I'm involved in doing something else.

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm the same. I only listen to podcasts during mindless activities like my daily walk and housework.

11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I loved the Digi Show and still miss it. I listen to Pocket Talk now but mostly listen to funny ones and especially like Spilled Milk (Alert - lots of sexual innuendos) and sometimes The Moth. Thanks for you recs @Becca Bonneville :)

Becca Bonneville likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

yup, this is me too. this even happens to me when i'm on a YouTube binge ... and that is visual.

13. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I never knew about Player FM - found a bunch of fun podcasts to listen to, but sadly none of them are scrapbooking related

14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Michelle @DisneyMom

This is the one I listen to the most (I too miss The Digi Show...it's where I learned about THE-DASH-LILYPAD...lol). https://scrapgals.podbean.com/

It isn't a digi podcast, but they are diehard, long-time scrappers, and there are 244 episodes in the can. Some of the episodes are just the hosts (Tracie & Tiffany), and other episodes have some really great guests (including Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins).

It used to be free, but they moved it to PodBean in July, and now it's $5 a month (they use the $$ to pay hosting/equipment costs). I enjoy it enough that I pay the $5. They also have a really active FB Group and host retreats a few times a year (https://www.facebook.com/scrapgals). Hope that helps.

DisneyMom likes this.
  15. bestcee

I can still hear Peppermint saying that!
    And laughing over the dash.

DisneyMom likes this.
  16. cookingmylife

Come back Peppermint!!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    mmmbisto likes this.
  17. mmmbisto

mmmbisto Member

I really miss the PaperClipping round table and the Digi Show.

Currently in my podcasts Scrapping related is Pocket Talk, some sort of scrapping but also crafts are: Elise Gets Crafty and Crafty Ass Females. Becky Higgins has one but it's not so much scrapping but it's called "cultivate a good life".
    I have just added This Memory Keeper's Life to my other podcasts now though ^_^

18. iciclelady

iciclelady Active Member

Sigh. I miss The Digi Show so much! I learned so much from it and just loved the conversations those ladies had.

19. cookingmylife

This Memory Keeper's Life with Debbie Hodge seems to have ended with the last podcast on Jul 3 2014. I'm looking at it in iTunes. Is there another host?

20. bestcee

Debbie has been closing up her scrapbooking shop, so I'm assuming her podcast closed too. She had a second one I think? Let me check.