Scrap Program Poll

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 10, 2019.

What Scrap Program do you use?

1. Adobe CS/CC

60.9%
  2. PSE 11 or newer

27.6%
  3. PSE 10 or older

3.4%
  4. Forever Artisan

4.6%
  5. Gimp

5.7%
  6. Paint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Paint Shop Pro

2.3%
  8. Other (Add a comment with yours!)

8.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

PS CC, which I think I've had for about a year now. I used some version of PSE for a little bit prior to that (PSE was to replace PSCS3, which just wouldn't work on a computer I bought), but I missed what you can do in PS so I figured $10/month was worth it to have CC. (Two venti caramel macchiatos per month cost more than that lol!)

2. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

This is me too!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I use PS CC 2019, but I also still have CS6, just in case :) I started with version 5 or 6, before CS.

4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I am a lone unicorn PSE10

5. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

I still have StoryBook Creator on my laptop. Rather spend my money on digital kits than upgrade to Artisan. lol

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

This is me. I have it on my laptop and two desktops. It works fine, so I don’t feel any need to upgrade ... at least until my laptop dies.

I’m thinking when the day comes I may switch to the Affinity app ... will need to get a compatible iPad though as it won’t run on my mini.

bestcee likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

My mother had CS5 that she bought as a student with a discount. She had her mac update its software and it will no longer work. Please be mindful of that when your computer next needs an update!!!

I am using PSE 12, and i found somewhere online a small extension thing, called Elements plus. It was $12. Everytime theres an update to the 'plus' part, i get an email to download the changes. The extension gives me access to scripts, batch actions and some other PS options. If these things ever stopped working, I would probably try the newest PSE option before moving to the subscription option.

mcurtt and Karen like this.
  8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I was using CS6 until about 4 or so months ago. Now I'm on CC subscription

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I started with photoshop 4 ... now I have adobe CC ...

11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Craft Artist and PSE 15. CA is still my preference program ,but I love certain features of PSE, being able to use brushes to blend is one big advantage..

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm too scared to update to the newest version until the bugs are worked out, so I'm using PS CC 2018.

13. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I have PSE 11. Would you believe that when they came out with PSE 15 I ran out and got it. I tried playing with it a few times and got so frustrated that I have never touched it again! I still use my old faithful PSE 11. I am not a good learner, especially if I am alone. Now if I had a teacher standing right over my shoulder, THEN I would try!!!

bestcee likes this.
  14. zanthia

zanthia CT - Kate Hadfield

no you are not - i am a die hard pse 10 user - want to upgrade for features but hate the interface since pse11 and up.

currently have a 2 month trial of photshop cc- while better than pse 11 plus doubt i can justify the cost. too bad cant find a cheap used copy of later pse just for extra features as i will never scrap with it.

15. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I'm a dinosaur in software I guess. Still using PS CS 2 on a Windows 7 computer. It runs slowly but I am comfortable with it and dread the steep learning curve when I am forced to get a new computer because at that time I will definitely subscribe to PS CC.

bestcee likes this.
  16. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I've been using Gimp for over 10 years now. Last year's MOC had me debating about dropping the cash for Photoshop, but when I updated to 2.10.6 I found it has most of the things I wanted PS, so I drop the monthly payment on Word instead.

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm the opposite! I refuse to pay for word because I hardly use it - I was on 2010 still. But school upgraded me for free to 2016. But I pay for PSCC because I use it all the time!

18. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I always swore I wouldn't pay for Word, I was perfectly happy with Open Office, but after my computer crash last year I started looking into ways to write and backup online. I figured I'd try Word again and once I did I remembered why I love it so much. Totally worth the $7 a month.

bestcee likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I started with Photoshop 7 and CRIED!! :crySwitched to PSE4 in 2006 which was all they had for Mac back then.

I'm on PSE 15 and waiting for after MOC to install PSE2019 because I need to borrow my dh's dvd/cd player. No slot on the new iMac! boo. I always try to have a hard copy of the software just in case, though I don't know in case of what!

I also have PSCC but mainly for Lightroom. I need to devote a week without other commitments to just jump into PSCC and get comfortable enough to scrap something without looking up every step that's automatic to me in PSE.

bestcee likes this.
  20. zanthia

zanthia CT - Kate Hadfield

I use pse10 and it seems like i will never upgrade - was thinking of getting it but the demo is so crippled that you cant see what it does. do you like it , does it offer enough to be worth it

have you ever tried elements xxl - its another addon similar in idea but much more features and supposedly easier to use but it costs 49.95 .