Sandwiches | Pad Patter 10.7

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 7, 2018.

1. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Peanut Butter and Jelly is a great comfort food for me. A gooey grilled cheese is also wonderful. My friend, Sandy, makes wonderful chicken salad sandwiches. Now I'm hungry for a sandwich!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Jan, for a great snack, I roll avocado in turkey.
    Now sandwiches, I love them!

I have a scrapbook page about Brody's 1st Fluffernutter cuz I was so excited to introduce him to that ooey gooey wonder. I love turkey & avocado on Dutch crunch, grilled cheese with tomato soup, ham & swiss, a reuben on marbled rye, pastrami, mortadella, almost anything really.

We have a place around here called Little Lucca's. They make huge sandwiches with a garlic sauce that pretty much everyone loves. That's my husband's one request every year for his birthday.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm.... I'll eat a ham sandwich, a bufalo chicken (deli sliced) sandwich, BLT's and sometimes a salami sandwich. I love wraps. I don't eat tuna, or PB&J really...

I love me a good Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese sandwich, with a side of Disco Fries! NOM NOM.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have a strict requirement when it comes to hot sandwiches: no deli meat. It gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about hot slimy deli meat on two pieces of bread.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

What are disco fries? I've never heard that term before.

And I just noticed that there are three Joe & The Juice restaurants in DC. Woot!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

@QuiltyMom They are a NJ diner classic.... similar to Poutine, but it with mozzarella cheese and gravy. :)

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Well, they look good!

jk703 likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Bart likes sandwiches, but flies are involved. You don't wanna know!
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  9. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i could live on sandwiches - i have tuna on a bread roll most days at home and leftover roast veggies (carrot, pumpkin, cauli with cheese melted in the sandwich squisher/press machine thing is good too - anything with hommus or avocado smashed in there as well

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hello Yum!! Love that menu!!

Looks so good!! None anywhere close to me :(

I love Subway! My favorite is blt.

I count burgers as sandwiches as well. BLTs are definitely a fav of mine! I love Arby's Reubens!

I'm not an avacado fan. It's weird, I love guac, but don't like avacados LOL. I do love egg sandwiches, though.

Oooh that Chipotle Chicken and Jack Cheese sounds amazing!!

Chicken salad!! Left that one off my fav list, too!! Yum!

Yes to the reuben on marbled rye...mmmmmmm!

Love buffalo chicken sandwiches, too!! I like tuna ok, but cold tuna salad...I can't do warm tuna!

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love scrambled egg sandwiches and egg salad sandwiches, but I've had to give them up because eggs and I don't get along. LOL

My absolute favorite is a tomato sandwich, with a tomato fresh from the garden or veggie stand, with lots of salt and pepper and Kraft or Hellman's mayo.

My grilled cheese sandwiches are much-loved, so we often have them with tomato soup (I see that's a fave among this thread).

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Avocados are the best food in existence. I can't usually pick favorites of anything else, but avocados have long been my favorite food. :P I wish I could use the "yum" emoji from my phone here.

IntenseMagic and kimingvtx like this.
  14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

AMEN!

15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I use to love sandwiches but the bread has changed and it just seems to taste funny and go stale a lot quicker.

I do love a toasted turkey sandwich after fixing a turkey breast (like Thanksgiving) --- toast your bread, mayo and pieces of turkey --- easy peasy and yum yum

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

LOL Too bad you're not around when I'm picking them off all my food at restaurants :giggle

michelepixels likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

I have to agree with you on the bread thing. And yes!! I love leftover turkey sandwiches!!

18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We eat wraps more than sandwiches (I don't buy bread any more). Tonight I had sort of a breakfast wrap. I scrambled an egg with smoke Gouda cheese. I laid two pieces of honey ham on the wrap, along with 2 pieces of bacon, and then the eggs. Folded it over and grilled it on both sides. yummy!

Our usual wraps are: put your favorite sauce down the middle - mustard, chipotle, bbq, etc., lay on some cheese, lay on some meat. Fold the two sides over the middle, grill folded side until brown, flip and grill the other. yummmy

I like a chicken salad sandwich. We have grilled those too, like you would a grilled cheese. yummy

I like egg salad with a slice of green leaf lettuce and maybe a tomato.

19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love turkey sandwiches with avocado. I like to toast the bread with garlic butter and then add turkey and cheese until melted. Then smash an avocado and spread it on the bread. If I don't have avocado, I add ranch dressing.

For a quick snack I roll a baby dill pickle in a piece of turkey lunch meat and snack on a couple of those.

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind