Sandwiches | Pad Patter 10.7

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 7, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Sandwiches...do you eat them? What's your favorite?

Some of my favs are Peanut butter with honey or bananas, salami, corned beef, and good old bologna! I don't eat them for lunches so much as just a snack. I've been trying to cut out some of the bread in my life so I've been doing sharp cheddar rolled in a salami slices for my lunch at work.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Grilled cheese, as long as I can dunk it in tomato soup.

Karen, QuiltyMom and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

oooh, I'm with @djp332 Donna! I love a gooey grilled cheese, or a tuna melt. I usually have one for lunch on Saturdays.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Bart likes a fly melt and swamp soup!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  5. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Kiss

salmon and cucumber is a particular fave

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I eat them when I'm out and a bout over lunchtime or for family picnics etc, but I'm not fond. I like egg mayo best as a filler.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I like grilled cheese, too, but I like dunking PB sandwiches in tomato soup :)

Gooey grilled cheese is the best!

That sounds yummy!!

That reminds me, I forgot to add egg salad sandwiches to my list! They are one of my favs!

djp332 and Tree City like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, I love bread, so I love sandwiches. I guess my fave is grilled cheese and like Donna, they're perfect with tomato soup.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Old school PB&J or PB&Honey!!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

PB and honey is my late night snack a lot of times :)

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh my goodness YES! love them! We just had grilled cheese and tom soup Friday night. My fave is paninis - I have a little panini maker and I'll press and grill just about any type of sandwich in that thing. Our fave is eggplant, fresh mozzarella, tom, basil pesto and roasted peppers.

Now I'm hungry!

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I love all sandwiches- but a good grilled cheese is hard to beat! We have a restaurant around here called Meltz & they make gourmet grilled cheese- like off the charts good! My fav is the Cheezy Caprese!
    https://www.meltzextreme.com/menu

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I used to love a pastrami on rye - or even a Ruben - when I could eat that kind of stuff. Now my sandwiches are rather boring due to my dietary restrictions: sunbutter and jelly on gluten-free bread. Needless to say I don't eat them very much.

Yet I do have a new fave.

Have any of you ever eaten at a Joe & the Juice? They're all over Scandinavia and there's a few here in the states. This one is in Keflavik Airport in Iceland:

[​IMG]

I discovered a sandwich I could eat there and it's YUMMY! All their sandwiches are served panini-style, and they literally smash the sandwich-roll bread in the panini maker before making the sandwich. It was interesting to watch them slice apart a squished piece of bread!

But I digress... The TUNACADO. Tuna, avocado, tomato, pesto. So good! Now I make them at home all the time. I want one now. Although I still need to figure out how to do a good squished bread!

[​IMG]

I am going to try to make a vegan coconut milk-based cheese that can get all melty when put in grilled cheese. I do miss my grilled cheese sandwiches!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Grilled Cheese at home or a ham sub from Subway when I’m out.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I love sandwiches! I would eat a sandwich for every meal if I could.

When I'm out & about, I look for good chicken salad sandwiches and good bacon cheeseburgers (yes, I count burgers as sandwiches). BLTs & grilled cheese also rock my world.

I love Panera's Bacon Turkey Bravo with that incredible tomato-basil bread, Jimmy John's Turkey Tom, & Arby's Roast Turkey & Swiss (yes, do you see the pattern here?!).

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Meh

I think too many years of sandwiches for school and work and homeschool outing lunches have bored me. But I'll enjoy a turkey and avocado sandwich or something like that once a week or so.

Also, I still love egg sandwiches for breakfast occasionally, when I want a change from my usual scrambled egg and veggie burrito (which is just another kind of sandwich, actually!).

Last night I wanted some peanut butter because I was hungry from all the DSD partying so I spread it on some bread with some honey. I do that every few months.

My favorite thing to do with bread is avocado toast. I usually have the Garlic Tuscan Bread from the bakery at Wegmans. :P

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. michelepixels

I was thinking of saying that too; I count hamburgers as sandwiches too. And I still enjoy them a couple times a month.

18. michelepixels

Since my daughter stopped eating Udi's GF bread because they changed the recipe and she doesn't like the taste anymore, and because we haven't found another brand or recipe she likes yet, she has been using Van's brand GF frozen waffles as bread.

She passed the peanut challenge a couple of years ago. At first she said she wanted to keep eating Sunbutter, but thankfully that changed. It's okay, but I like peanut butter better and it's nice to just buy one! Plus, I don't miss all those messy sunbutter and jelly sandwiches on stiff GF bread! :P

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

tuna melt.........yum

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I'll choose a tortilla over bread any day of the week but I will eat a sandwich.

We have a sandwich place here called Deli Delicious and I love their Chipotle Chicken and Jack Cheese. So yummy! Sometimes I'll just get it wrapped in lettuce and it's still so good.

I do love tuna or turkey melts. I think I just like warm sandwiches more than cold. The Chipotle Chicken mentioned above is a warm sandwich.

IntenseMagic likes this.