Roar.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, Apr 9, 2013.

1. la

la A closet sap

I hate the school nurse.

just.
    no.
    lady.
    what.
    no.

Kiddo is.......... dramatic? emotional? something. He had a headache this morning, and instead of telling us what was wrong, he laid on the couch sobbing for a while- thus you know, making it worse. I gave him some motrin, chamomile tea, and some brekkie.. and told him to get ready for school and that he'd be fine. His allergies are tweaking out and i understand, it sucks... but we're not going to cry about it dude k?.. Well this spurred a mega mega meltdown (he's 9. this is no longer kosher :p ) which of course made him feel WORSE... blah blah.
    I got him to control himself and brought him to school. Told him he'd be fine and just relax.
    No. He goes directly to the nurse and cries at her.................... -.-
    Got a second breakfast fed to him and a giant glass of orange juice and his temp taken.
    She calls me and was like "womp womp womp connor has a temp of 99 you need to come get him he's miserable"
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
    1) 99. in ear. not.a.freaking.fever. are you not a legit nurse? shouldn't you know the "ranges" for ear temps?
    2) He's done this BEFORE. and I've had this convo with her.. he gets himself worked up and this happens.every.time. he goes and whines to the nurse because he has a headache and sobs and sobs until she calls me.
    3) She called MY MOM because connor asked her to.. bc he knew i was going to say buck up kid.
    4) ARGH

She was like well... you should probably keep him home from school tomorrow too. -.-
    lady what is wrong with you. seriously. what.

I told connor to go to bed and not bother me for the rest of the school day hours lol.. i was so irritated with him. He knew instantly when i got there.. he started apologizing profusely. Little late dude :p I'm not an evil mom.. if he was legitimately sick I would have been warmer.. but no. I do not tolerate being manipulated..ever.

Bonus points.. boyfriend tried to tell me how to parent :giggle he was like "i don't think connor should have any tv or video game time today"... No..really? I actually said, yeh buddy,i've been a parent for 9 years.. I'm set.. thanks for the advice though... Poor guy.. lol but i was so not in the mood :p

That is all.
    Thank you for allowing me to grumble.

2. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

School nurses can be so irritating. I can't believe she sent him home for a 99 fever. Doctors don't even treat that as a temperature. Not to mention he had been crying so he would have been warm from that. Hopefully kiddo will calm done and be better for you tomorrow. I think you are awesome though sending him to his room and not letting him manipulate you. That takes a strong mom to do that!

3. la

la A closet sap

she actually said directly that it wasn't because he was crying.. I may have made a face at her unintentionally :p lol

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

My daughter (Lauren! :P) was the same way. Finally I was like "Lissin up... if I keep her home every time she claims she doesn't feel well, she will be in 2nd grade until she's 20". Eventually, the nurse would just pat her on the head and send her back to class and then call and tell me as much (she's required to call).

Sending him home for 2 days = not ok. Way to reinforce his behavior.

5. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm sorry that I'm laughing hysterically here!! LOL!!

I know all to well what you're going through though! :(

Love that Jacob's trying though, eh? LOL

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

your grumbles make me so darn happy! go woman! YOU da MOM!!

7. renee82

renee82 renee82

GAH!!!! I would be furious! I think I probably would have reacted the exact same way you did... sorry you had to go through that. I would still send him to school tomorrow. ;)

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh don't get me started with the nurse or the health system at schools. When Bianca needs her asthma pumps it's at 11:30am because it's 4 hrs after I give her one at home. Well the nurse doesn't arrive until 1pm. It upsets me so much, because she has lunch at 12:50 which means they sent her to the nurse office at 12:45 so she doesn't miss the nurse... has to wait there, and then has no lunch time. SERIOUSLY you are going to make a kindergartener stay all day without food! Please do not get me started!!!! ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

:( Grrr... I love how she goes "I think you should keep him home tomorrow too"... really?!

10. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

OMG!!! How annoying of that nurse! And I would totally send him to school the next day, hell I probably would have made him go back to class after all that mess.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I'm cutting everyone some slack, despite my great love for you.

Poor Conner. Some days are just hard, for no reason. I remember.

Nurse sent him home and suggested he not come back the next day because she didn't want to deal with it...or maybe she's just compassionate and let her compassionate side overrule her rational side.

An Jacob's a part of your life now, so you should make him feel good when he makes good parenting decisions, especially when he makes the decision you already made.

But two thumbs down for your day getting jacked up because the nurse has a weak spot for handsome 9 year olds with tears.

12. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Oh I would be so annoyed!! My 6 yo pulled something like this one day. I sent her to school when she "didn't feel good" and she barely got there before they called me to come get her. She had some crazy elaborate story that they bought with no question. By the time I got there she was pretty contrite so I sent her back to class. I can't believe they'd tell you to keep him home for two days! Must be nice, lol.

13. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

oh La .... I just love listening to you ... you can make even the worst situation sound like the most hilarious thing around. Sorry you had a sucky day though ...even if you made me :giggle

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I missed this line? He had the nurse call gramma?
    roar on!

15. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

We only have a part time nurse so on days when she isn't there, my son calls from the office. Drama queen is always complaining about nothing and when we get home, wants to go outside on his scooter or play video games. lol Not so much dude. Either go back to school or go to bed! :p

16. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Love this thread, LOL... and love how he wanted to call GM! At least you have a smart kid, if a bit manipulative, hehe.

17. la

la A closet sap

lol i am glad to have provided you all with entertainment... come to find out they even called my dad.. who was like what (and at work, and sent into a panic, poor dad!)

I sent connor to school wednesday despite her telling me not to, with a lengthy note. explaining that he was not sick, did not have a fever, etc. She actually pulled him out of class several times to take his temperature- and bc i had given him motrin again that morning (his allergies were legitimately bothering him and he did legitimately have a headache) she scoffed at him, and said it's not your fault connor.. i'm sorry she insists on giving you motrin. before he could say anything she'd shoved a thermometer in his mouth. He's a polite little quiet kid so he wouldn't have said anything really-- but he came home and was upset. He was like it's like she was trying to make me angry at you mom.. but you're the best smartest mom ever! ... (haha.. he may have been sucking up to me for annoying me the day before :p )

18. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Good grief...what is with her??

That's awesome that Conner stood by his mom even if his motives may have been a little tainted :)!

19. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

So apparently she would rather he suffer at home with a headache and miss school, instead of having him take something for the headache, feel fine, be completely non-contagious, go to school, and, you know, get an education. :blahblahblah

Just... um.. wow. I'd be beyond livid over the whole thing. I am counting my blessings right now that so far my kids' school nurses have all been completely awesome! :notworthy

20. Karah

Karah Karah

Oh Lordy. I honestly would be going over her head to deal with this one since she obviously doesn't seem to care what you, the parent, have to say.

I adore our nurse. A few of my kids are hypochondriacs (at school only, of course) but she has taken the time to get to know and understand them and doesn't put up with their BS. LOL. We joke that we're BFF's because she has to call me all the time. Actually, she says she misses me this year because my kids haven't been in much. LOL