Rachel's August Mixed Media Challenge | Special Edition

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Rachel Jefferies, Jul 29, 2022.

1. nemi

nemi Well-Known Member

I love these both: Anisoptera and Secret Garden because it gets my feel of the beauty of nature perfectly with the colours and the artwork.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my Layout:
    [​IMG]

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for this thought provoking challenge.
    I went with Anisoptera primarily for the dark blues. Dark blue is my go to colour in my clothing choices right now (even though I don't own much of it), and my recent painting started with dark blue covering the canvas.
    [​IMG]
    Also I chose this collection because of the piece of word art that says "Share your Light with the World". It speaks to where I am in my life right now. The children now both have hybrid insulin pumps that enable me to have some freedom, and a lot more sleep. This is enabling me to go out more, and do "me" stuff. Time for me to start shining my light.
    [​IMG]
    I rather fond of paper textures, so added in some You are Magical Impasso
    [​IMG]

Here's my page. The photo was taken in April, which is the month in which my life started to change.
    [​IMG]

3. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Another bonus entry from me. Used Patina for Fiddle-Dee-Dee's challenge:

[​IMG]

4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Used Trust the journey: Stay Patient again for the 3rd muse challenge this month:

[​IMG]

5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Great challenge!
    I chose this bundle, because I like the name and it has pink. What more can a girl want?
    [​IMG]
    Here is my page with it
    [​IMG]
    (the big butterfly shape is actually from the butterfly charm: I enlarged it, cut off the ring on top, and filled the holes!)

And here are my pages from this month's challenges using Rachel Jefferies products
    TLP template challenge
    [​IMG]
    Muse weeks 1 & 3
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rachel Jefferies featured product
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    umyesh likes this.
  6. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I am a firm believer in the need to fill our minds with positives and take control of and put out those negative thoughts. As we think, so we are -- in attitudes, actions and words.

I chose:
    [​IMG]

And here's my layout:
    [​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  7. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Your Sacred Time for Ourselves caught my attention, because I need to be true to myself and do exactly that.
    I also used the pink flower from HOPE, which is no longer in the store. But it is a lovely pink flower.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  8. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Left my dream job.. after making a hard choice... for my own mental and physical well being.
    It was a long time coming.. but something I had to do...

Rachel Jefferies Fear Not, This is Me, To Be Continued, All New

[​IMG]

9. dotcomkari

My grandmother has been in a nursing home for almost 3 years now since my grandfather has passed away. We get out to visit her as often as possible, but it is very hard as she is forgetting who we are most days and often even forgets grandpa has passed or who she is. It is sad seeing her in such a state and she is often not sane enough for long visits or talkative at all. But yesterday was a good day. Yesterday me and my oldest daughter Bianca visted grandma for 3 hours.. we shared memories.. talked about my upcoming wedding. talked about all the weekends I spent at her house as a child (I was there EVERY weekend till I graduated highschool...!).. and it was such a remarkable visit.

[​IMG]

10. dotcomkari

Needed a good laugh today and found these photos while deleting photos off my phone.. they are from new hire training in my studio. I dressed as a giant baby and had my new hires wrap me up in cheese cloth like a baby and take photos of me.. and than also brought a oneside and did a complete newborn shoot.. these are from the second half! *L* cutest baby our photo studio ever had.. I have to say! *LMAO*

Rachel Jefferies and Studio Basic:
    Here and Now

Rachel Jefferies:
    Utterly and Completely Bundle
    Blue Skies Ahead: Mixed Media Artistry
    I'm Somewhere Inbetween | The Complete Mixed Media Collection
    Carefully Curated | This is Me: The Complete Mixed Media Collection

[​IMG]

11. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

I used

[​IMG]

and for the background:

[​IMG]

I don't wear make-up, or worry about what clothes are fashionable, I have never colored my hair and let it go gray instead, I don't follow trends or do things because "every one else is doing it", the list goes on... And I'm at peace with it. It's me and what I'm comfortable with.

12. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I also chose the "Somewhere In Between" collection, as my oldest just moved out for college. In my heart, he is still that little 4 year old driving in his toy car, not old enough to live on his own. I know he will do great and love living with his friends for this last year of college, but my heart misses that little boy.
    [​IMG]

rjefferies-somewhereinbetween-bundle.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  13. KayTeaPea

14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Mine with Every Last Minute

[​IMG]

rjefferies-everylastminute-bundle.jpeg

15. KayTeaPea

rjefferies-spacetobreathe2-web.jpg
    rjefferies-blueskiesahead-mma-web.jpg
    I had to make a page with Space to Breathe 2 paper and Blue Skies Ahead mixed media artistry. I love the cheerful colors and happy flower from Blue Skies Ahead and adore the spacious freedom given in the Space to Breathe paper.
    [​IMG]

16. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge! In perusing my stash, I was drawn to the "Collect Moments" word art in the Welcome Every Moment collection. I scrapped a moment I shared with my two daughters earlier this month. We laughed so hard, made up new words to a favorite song, and talk about it often.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

[​IMG]

Its 4 am , i cant sleep so this was a perfect therapy for me for what is keeping me awake. I am feeling uncomfortable in a group I work with and thinking I need to quit.

[​IMG]

18. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

I snapped this pic on my walk this morning and had to scrap it right away. I love Anisoptera for the colors, dragonflies, and journaling prompts, which fit so nicely with my walk. It was a breezy morning with plenty of clouds but also plenty of sunshine, and I saw very few other people.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KayTeaPea likes this.
  19. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

My life at the moment is full of gratefulness and nostalgia, so my page has to do with that. I found a young picture of me and saw it in a new light. I used to think it was a wonderful picture, but I saw in my eyes the sadness and pain of that time in my life. Lately, I have been focused on the past and how it led me to where I am today, so that's what my page is about.

[​IMG]

Kits used:
    Do it for You

[​IMG]

Every Last Minute Bits and Bobs

[​IMG]

Trust the Journey: Stay Patient

[​IMG]

Trust the Journey: Thrive

[​IMG]

Today Mixed Media Artistry

[​IMG]

T is for Together

[​IMG]

20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

@Rachel Jefferies is the Hear my Voice collection considered 100% Rachel Jefferies product?