Question about chat

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Firstoscartgrouch, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

i have participated in three different chats, as I enter I say join as FB.

Every single time what I type has someone else's name beside it. Why? How do I prevent this?

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I really don't have a good answer for you... it kept happening to me as well, so I've since given up and log in as guest (it doesn't change anything with how the chat works). I would love to know the answer though!

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yeah IDK either, but I just log in as Guest too. That way I can use my screen name, which is how people here know me, anyway. :) But I wish someone could tell you the answer cuz I'm curious too!

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It was so strange that it was happening! I don't know why . . . But I'm sorry it occurred! Hope you still enjoyed the chat!

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

70+ people on, might have confused things

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

At some chat a couple months ago (last year) someone - @lmccandless ? - said that it happened if you had signed into a chat, did not Log Out at the end of that chat, and then signed in to another one (I suspect very soon after the original one) that somehow you would still be in and someone else somehow get connected to your name.

I know I tend to forget to sign out most of the time and just leave...but then I also miss a lot of the 9pm chats so I suspect the system has disconnected my by the time I join another chat. I hope this sounds somewhat understandable!