PSE13 help, please ...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kate W, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I've been interested in upgrading PSE for a while, I am currently using version 5! PSE 13 is now on sale in the UK :yesss so I have downloaded the free trial.

I am enjoying playing with the PSE actions, and have downloaded a few freebies, so that's all good stuff.

But I cannot tell you how much I hate not being able to customise my workspace how I want.

Is there any way to get rid of the elive/quick/guided/expert bar? Why does it have to be sooo big? I loathe it so much that I think it's not worth upgrading at all!!

Does it appear in version 11? Can I use actions in 11? I think I might uprade to 11 maybe if I can get a good deal....

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I upgraded from 4 to 12 last year, so I definitely understand the hesitation. ... it's so different. I'm not familiar with the bar you're talking about. Either mine is gone, or really doesn't bother me. :/

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

It's the bar above the tabs for your open documents. To the left, it says "Open", and in the middle it has "Quick", "Guided", and "Expert". You don't have that, Kristina? I don't have PSE but I've been searching around and I haven't found a single screenshot that doesn't have this bar.

4. Kate W

Such a shame, Lorry, it's soo big and pointless :(

I have just had a look at 12, Kristina - I prefer it - so much better-looking than 13!

but it's dearer than 13 at the minute...

I know 14 isn't out yet, but I did search for screenshots and it does have that same toolbar :(

5. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Go to Youtube and find Jessica Sprague's video on how to customize Photoshop Elements. She is on Version 11, but I'm sure it will translate to 13 just fine. I have had to refer back to it whenever I've had to do a computer restore (hard drive died 3 times and then I got a new computer -- and back to Youtube I go each time).
    Hope this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giIU82smKMg

6. Kate W

Thanks Diane, a helpful video, but no way to get rid of the big toolbar that I hate...

I really don't see the point of it, and it really bugs me that it's there taking up space doing nothing! I contacted the adobe help forum, and they said there's no way to remove it :(
    The only work-around is to 'float' what I am working on & resize it to cover up the offensive thing!

I am enjoying all the extras that come with the upgrade, though ;)

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I guess I have it, but it really doesn't bother me. I'd love to be able to separate my layers and styles panels though. I'll be watching that video Diane posted. I've never really tried to customize anything, just accepted how it was. I've learned I barely know my programs, however! Haha