PSE 2024

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by GodBlessAmerica, May 6, 2024.

1. GodBlessAmerica

GodBlessAmerica Well-Known Member

Is it better to get PSE 2024 from Adobe site or can I get a box version cheaper somewhere else? I see where the organizer now works on my iMac. Any tutorials for organizing or list of the ways any of you do it would be greatly appreciated. Scrapping in CS5 on my iMac is to hard on my eyes, when we have a 27” iMac I could be using.
    Thank you.

2. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I don't think you can get PSE in any other way than a subscription via Adobe anymore. Someone? Correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm sticking to my old PSE 11. I'm old school. LOL

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Photoshop is definitely download only but I'm not sure about Elements either. The one advantage I can see regarding downloading vs box version would be instant (or close to it) ability to use it. Like you @tanteva I'm also old school with PSE 15....if it works, why change!

tanteva likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

PSE is not a subscription.. it is a one-time purchase for the current version available.

@GodBlessAmerica double check with Amazon, Walmart, Target and the like and compare that to the price at Adobe. Adobe has sales too so just check them all out for the best deal. Sometimes, Adobe will give you a discount on PSE if you have a previous version.

As far as organizing, do you mean the browser? I don't really use that or organize through PS CC or PSE.. sorry I can't help with that part.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  5. GodBlessAmerica

Thank you. It is a free standing non subscription program now. When I got my new my my old version of Photo was not compatible with it. I hate how you always have to upgrade, but I love the new interface in PSE 2024 where I don’t have to scrap over my screenshot like I did on my deceased iMac.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  6. cfile

Sometimes Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Amazon have sales.

7. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@GodBlessAmerica
    I use PSE 2022 and it seems that Adobe puts PSE on sale in the Fall when it releases new versions. Since you're used to CS5, you might want to do a free 30-day trial of PSE 2024 before you purchase it to make sure you like it. It does most things scrappers need, but there are some limitations and the interface is a bit different.
    https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/free-trial.html

This thread talks about some of the differences with PSE and PSCC.

I don't organize either. I tried using ACDsee, but the database always got corrupted and I'd lose all my organizing work...ugh!

Our designer, Cheryl, of Fiddle-Dee-Dee designs @gonewiththewind uses lightroom to organize. She has some lightroom tutorial videos of an older version that might help you, if you decide to go with Adobe's photography plan subscription service.

Adobe's $9.99/month photography plan includes lightroom and photoshop CC. This plan is a little tricky to find, so I'll link it here for you. You won't be charged until after your free 7-day trial.

Hope that helps! :agree

cfile likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

(US based) I've bought PSE at Costco or Sam's Club in the past at a discount too. It's not always there, but I do find it from time to time. Best Buy also has it on sale sometimes through the year. Check to make sure you are getting the one you want since often it's bundled with premiere elements.

I don't use Photoshop Elements Organizer. I used to use it, but it took too many resources for my computer at the time to use it. I've tried a few different options, but I've switched to a little known program called Eagle. (eagle.cool) I've been using it for a year, and I love it because it works for how I scrap. I have a Windows, but it says it works with Mac (requires macOS 10.13).

I find organizing is personal in some ways. How do you look for supplies? That will help people recommend organizing tips and trips for you.

11. GodBlessAmerica

Great point about changing. Seems Apple and Adobe also want to to upgrade or the old ones now longer work with a new computer GrRRRRRR

12. GodBlessAmerica

13. GodBlessAmerica

Photoshop monthly went up again to $15.99 month. I just downloaded the trail Mac version and like it a lot better than
    the Photoshop Mac version I had on my deceased iMac.
    I organized thousands of thing in ADsee and alway crashed to, so got LR when I put the PSCS5 on the deceased iMac.
    Spent MANY hours organizing in that. Converted a lot of .pngs to .tiffs., because LR would not see .pngs.
    Hoping to find someone that can tell me how to convert them back because they are bigger file sized.
    Computer sure do cause a lot of work and stress. :crazy3

14. GodBlessAmerica

Thank you. I will check that program out. I am mostly a kit scrapper with a few extra Kim Jensen goodness thrown in.

bestcee likes this.
  15. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

Wait, seriously??? My subscription ends in June. I don't know if I want a 50% increase. How different is PSE from PSCC? This is a real question, though Bart wants to know too :)
    [​IMG]

16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

17. cfile

The US version photography subscription for ps cc and lightroom combined is still only $9.99 USD and has been since beginning.. Kayla noted the link of the convo so you can get the right link for the $9.99 if you choose PS CC.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. cfile

It is still $9.99

19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm not sure where you are seeing the $15.99/ month, but this link shows $9.99/month. Hope that helps.
    https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

cfile likes this.
  20. cfile

IMG_3573.png
    It is still $9.99 USD

keepscrappin likes this.