PSE 19 issue

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by nfenchak, Nov 9, 2019.

1. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

Hello,

I've been having so many problem with PSE lately!! I was using PSE15 and everytime I would go to do any type of text, it would completly shut the program off. My husband installed PSE19 about 2 months ago and it was fine at first, but now has a major lag time when I use text. I can't see my text as I'm typing it, I have to hit the check mark and then go back and slowly fix errors (again, can't see them as i'm correcting them). Any suggestions?

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

First, have you checked for updates to the software? If not, I'd recommend that first.

Second, reset your text tool if you haven't already.

Third, how many fonts do you have installed? If you have many fonts that you've installed (not system fonts), I would remove as many inactive fonts as you can (you can just move them to another folder and reinstall them as you need them) or use a font manager to view and install fonts as you use them (I don't use one but there are threads here in the forum about font managers).

Fourth, I know that Photoshop has a series of steps you can follow for deleting the font cache. That might help? You can just Google for clearing PSE font cache.

After that . . . well . . . I'd say that it may be limitations of your computer. Photoshop is a huge user of computer resources, and you may find that you are at the end of the life of your computer. Boooo, I know you probably didn't want to read that - or if you're like me, it's a good excuse for a new computer! "Gee honey, I really need . . . " LOL

But don't hesitate to post again and we'll be happy to help you navigate troubleshooting so you can get back to scrapping.

Hope this helps some!

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

My first thought and it may be a random one but having seen one of @gonewiththewind suggestions - do you have enough RAM to run PSE? Have you got the max amount that your machine can handle? I know my PSE15 can get bogged down easily even though I’ve meet minimum specs for PSE when it comes to RAM but as I don’t have the money at the moment to max out my RAM I live with it.

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.