Project Updates - What are you working on?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Jul 1, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Hi! :moo

If you are working on a hybrid project or craft project, we'd LOVE to see what you are working on!

A bit of feedback from our Admin on posting requirements:

Anyone can post craft/hybrid projects with or without digital product to our forum threads. You do this by using the "upload a file" feature while replying to or creating a thread.

Gallery posting - any project that includes digital downloads must contain at least 50% Lilypad product. This is in keeping with our gallery rules located here.

So, rules are bit more relaxed in forum posts. But the rules for gallery uploads remain the same - anything posted in the gallery must contain 50% TLP product.

:beat

Some time ago I posted that I am working on a paper bag words of affirmation book.

91581ED4-6817-4527-A365-4F174385BB33.jpeg

This is where I currently am in the project:
    B16512B9-244C-42C1-8374-2A60368BE668.jpeg
    - I added a combination of washi tapes and fabric ribbon to the insides of the pockets. I attached some additional labels and stickers to the file tabs.
    - I patched up tears in the bag with washi tape.
    - I added some collage work, using Rachel Jefferies Serendipity.

The way forward:
    - I made and printed out some tags using Allison Pennington Waterside elements and papers (bottom left corner). I will fussy cut these, add journaling, and place them inside my pockets.
    - I'd like to do a few more hybrid collages on the pages.
    - Pages without collage will have botanical line drawings.

On a side note - a great thing about digital products - before you print something for a hybrid project, you can test it out in a digital layout:

[​IMG]

So, what are you working on? Any craft project is welcome here! :grouphug Show me what you are working on!

2. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Love this idea!

3. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Lisa your paper bag project is gorgeous! I really love the browns and stark black in contrast with Serendipity - gorgeous!!

4. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I'm in love with your project.
    I've been doing a lot of Stranger Things?
    USA wall art.jpg
    america wall art.jpg
    Decoupage tissue paper and Tim Holtz paper cut outs. Left over Scrabble tile racks and tiles. My family went through so many of them. I got the wooden cut out of the United States at Joann's.

5. trekmom

These purses that I bought on clearance and fancied up, just because. The backpack style is decoupage tissue paper and fabric. The other two are Tim Holtz products that I decoupaged on. Mod Podge has many great products and I like the dishwasher safe one for the purses so if it rains, it won't get ruined. (Okay, it's not going to rain dishwasher hot water but still) purse art.jpg
    I've had to repair the backpack bag due to wear and tear.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Lisa, that Affirmation Book is wonderful!! I love the colors you used and what a great idea to add the tabs - that's a book that you'll use.

@trekmom I love your projects, too!

trekmom likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@ArmyGrl Great idea to mock up your layout in Photoshop before printing! Love your project!

@trekmom Totally in love with your purses. I feel like I need to try this out!

trekmom likes this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm doing my "Journey" art journal as you all know with my prompts. I am also doing Laly Mille's Artist's Soul retreat and this was the project yesterday - to make a mood board/collage. Today we make a series of 5x5 abstract art.

9EB1C1D0-66C9-4AC8-A31C-60C993B78567.jpeg

9. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@trekmom How did I almost miss your post??? Goodness those purses and backpack are GORGEOUS!!!!! I never thought to do something like that! Holy smokes!

trekmom likes this.
  10. Pachimac

I Love these!!

trekmom likes this.
  11. Pachimac

Day 2 of the Laly Mille retreat!

They are 5x5 watercolor paper with acrylics, gesso, pencils, and collage.

E441EC65-74FC-46E2-9A81-69A75A673C0D.jpeg

12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Today I am doing Christmas in July with a friend of mine. We do this every year, to get our Christmas cards started......
    Last year it did not work as an incentive,but other years it has, so I am hopeful.

13. trekmom

@Pachimac Those 5 x 5 cards are amazingly beautiful.
    Thank you for your kind words.
    @ArmyGrl Thank you so much. I only buy clearance things to play with. The thought of spending more than 10.00 on something to play with feels wrong to me. I forget who made a Mr Potato Head kit but I printed all the parts out, laminated them and made a background with felt, I put Velcro behind each piece so it would stick to the felt. I put it all in a plastic box as a birthday present for my great nephew.

Pachimac and ArmyGrl like this.
  14. Pachimac

0A858C26-031C-4DEF-9120-C0AC3ED18E3E.jpeg Work in progress. I’ve collaged and started paint and gesso.

15. Pachimac

Thank you!! I am actually going to choose 3 and make a tryptik

16. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

wowsers!! That is STUNNING Susie!!!! :wub

17. Cherylndesigns

Oh WOW, Susie!!! You're really embracing mixed media and making some fantastic art!! LOVE everything you've done so far!!

18. Cherylndesigns

Another gorgeous project!!!

19. Cherylndesigns

I almost hate to post this - it's so lackluster compared to some of yours. However, I've worked fairly hard on this and just have to share it! I was hired to make a "House Rules Book" for an Airbnb and possibly more to come. I debated and debated on how to put it together, and this is what I JUST finished today. I found the most gorgeous Avery album on Amazon - it's so sturdy and only 1" thick. You can see the cover (front - it's on the back as well as on both inside covers), the first page is a photo that I typed "Welcome to Sunset Oasis" on, then sent it to Walgreen's to be printed. The bottom left is an example of how I included photos into some of my pages (I've never done this before) and the bottom right is the final page in the book. There are 10 pages in total, but the rest are just information and everything the renters would need to know during their stay. (Unfortunately, the pages didn't photograph as white as they are.)

sunset-oasis-collage.jpg

zakirahzakaria and Pachimac like this.
  20. Pachimac

I love it!!!!!