project life paralysis

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by kraftkris, May 1, 2015.

1. kraftkris

kraftkris Member

I completed project life traditionally 2012-2014. I love my project life albums! I have not started on 2015 yet - but I have every intention of doing so. the cause of my paralysis - i have accumulated quite a large stash of digital supplies plus I have gobs of traditional still. I am so torn as to whether to do traditional, hybrid or digital?!? there are just so many (too many) options!!! :hissy

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I can identify although I am not a traditional scrapper (just have all the stuff but never really worked for me). My problem is MPM, M3, Just Jaime or BYOC. And I have those because that at least gives me a limit unless I fall in love with a kit outside of those.

Maybe you could do hybrid and if you need to make some digital you could put in a single page protector or traditional for holidays or birthdays? Good luck. Or maybe a monthly summary in one of those. You're right too many options.

3. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I have found a happy mix doing a little of it all. I am doing my PL hybrid, for the first time, this year but I do a mix of hybrid and digital scrap pages. I love it all so I just go with what makes me happiest at the moment. There is no right or wrong way.

4. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

^this should be the foundation on which all scrapping religions are based.. ;)

I totally feel you, though.. I struggle with so many printing options - hardbound, softbound, page size, photo books vs albums, and the list goes on.. I'm slowly coming to terms that I will NEVER find something that will work for EVERY thing for ALL TIME and that my mildly OCD self will just need to make a decision and get over it.. :giggle

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I started to try a PL this year... did a few weeks in March. Then decided the PL does not work for me. And that's okay! Just because other people do it, doesn't mean I have to. (This is my own mantra.... lol!)

I think hybrid PL truly resemble life... sometimes you have time to do everything on paper. Sometimes, you barely have enough time to use a digital template. But the most important thing, is that you actually lived life so you have something to scrap! If it starts to feel like something you HAVE to do, is it still fun? Is the reward still enough of a payoff?
    Those are some questions I asked myself. :)

6. kraftkris

kraftkris Member

this is such a great point and so true!

I have spent the past couple of hours prepping pics and journal cards for printing. I am going to really simplify - and I truly do enjoy the PL process and the finished layouts! They are my favorite scrapping that I have done. (with Disney being a close second)

Thank you, I appreciate all your replies!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am just so impressed that you've completed 2012-2014! That is amazing!

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Completing a project was on my bucket list, before I really thought about the stress I was putting on myself for it. I think I will call it a "successful project 52" if I can scrap 52 pages in a year. Lol!

9. kraftkris

kraftkris Member

Thank you! They are my favorite albums!

10. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I have two of Becky Higgins's kits from the beginning days. Did 2 weeks of Project Life and got stuck and haven't been back to it since (when did her first kit come out? It's been a L-O-N-G time, anyway). I just prefer to scrap single layouts, out of order, and that works for me. Good luck with finding the balance you need. I like the comment about making sure you live life -- good advice for all of us.

11. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I did 2012 and 2013 and took a break from it in 2014. That one year break was all I needed to gain the clarity I needed to resume, so maybe?…But I totally agree with what others have said, in that what is most important is that you enjoy it. If you think of it as one more thing on your to do list, you'll grow to resent it. I would also pick which ever of those types of putting your project together based on what you can do with the least amount of effort. When it is all said and done, what your family most cares about are the photos and dates, the history of your lives. Good luck with your decision, we'll be anxious, to hear what you decide and look forward to seeing your photos!

12. kraftkris

kraftkris Member

I am reporting back to say that I have resumed PL and I am doing a bit of hybrid - with some elements from MPM, some from Ali Edwards Story kit and some from my existing stash and I am loving it still....I appreciate your feedback!

13. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay! :)

15. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Yay!! I was just coming to say that I have been on and off the PL bandwagon the last several months. I have discovered that it is almost impossible for me to stay current with school (me teaching and the boys in school), sports, regular life requirements, etc. But, I do feel like the end product is worth it. I have found that doing digital pages are my favorite. But, when I get really far behind, if I will print 4x6s, I can easily get them into the albums and use some of those actual Becky Higgins' cards that I have collected because they are pretty :), so it is a win-win.

So glad that you are back doing PL and most importantly finding something that works for you.