Project Life/P365 cover and title page ideas

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by lmccandless, Dec 29, 2011.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

The hardest part about my albums the last two years has been coming up with fun cover and title page ideas.

For 2011, I did a two page spread with a photo of our house, a family photo and then individual shots of each of us along with a summary card with our names. For 2012, I am actually giving each person in the family their own card to personalize for the title pages. They can decorate it with whatever they want as long as their name is on it. I am hoping to include them more in the PL work this time around.

I also found this cool title page photo which I am knocking off for 2012!

[​IMG]

Have you started brainstorming ideas yet for your cover and title?

2. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

3. lmccandless

oh Emily!!! I love every bit of it! LOVE!!! Awesome details!

4. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

Really cute Emily! I'm still deciding what to do. I don't have my binder yet (holding out for the black signature binder, but my patience is waning), so I haven't given much thought to the title page. I know I want to do one big picture of each of us, and maybe a big family photo. I like the idea of using my favorite pic of each of us from 2011 as the start to 2012.

5. judet

judet Active Member

Just done mine. I'm using pics from 2011 at the moment, but I think I'll replace them with photos from next year before I get the book printed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  6. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I have mine all thought out! I took out all my Project Life goodies last week, put the protectors in the binder and decided what to do for the title page. Since my weeks are Mon-Sun, on the 1st I will take a picture of DH and me and use it for the title page. Other than that, I've selected a few bits from the Clementine kit, and cut out numbers to make "2012". Will post pictures soon (I'm not home now).

7. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

Love it Jude! And can't wait to see what you end up doing Laura, Amy and Cristina! :)

8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

hubby got me the clementine core kit and binder for Christmas, but it won't get here until today (fingers crossed it arrives on schedule... I'm dying to get my hands on it!!)

i'll have to play around a bit to figure out exactly what I want to do. I've given it really NO thought whatsoever. I'm not always the best planner, though. more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl.

9. sucali

sucali sucali

Your Project Life books/covers look sooo beautiful! I'm from Germany and I have never seen this before...:whistle
    Are you doing this books in addition to the digital scrapbooking pages?
    Or do you combine the digital scrapped pages with this books?
    I try to do a (printed) book about my family every year (using different kits and elements...) and now I'm thinking about doing the digital version of Project Life...:happydance

10. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'm sure this doesn't help you at all since it wasn't Project Life, but here's how I did my intro page from 2010.

I did it at the end, obviously. It's a bunch of the pics from throughout the year.

[​IMG]

11. lmccandless

My albums are a mix of the Project Life protectors and digital pages in different sizes, from 6 x 12 to 8 x 10 to the full 12 x 12. I actually really like the eclectic look of all the sizes and different things in one album.

12. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

13. mishou

mishou mishou

14. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

these are all so dang inspiring!!! I can't wait to get my stuff in the mail today!!!

btw, those of you who are using digi stuffs too, are you pre printing them for a stash or printing as you go?

15. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Now I'm totally wanting to do PL! I've never done it, much less even made it through taking pics for Project 365. Now that it's the 30th of Dec., I feel like I'm too late in getting started...

16. lmccandless

In 2011, I printed as I went along until about October, then I made up a bunch of PDFs for easy reprinting. I am printing ahead for 2012 because I find I am much more likely use them if they are already in my PL bins.

17. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I'm using a mix of paper and digi...but I'm printing as I go because I want to actually write my journaling on the card before I print it out. :)

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

brandi, i don't even have my stuff yet either. so you're not too late!
    i'd say if nothing els, run to michaels or hobby lobby or whatever and grab a few 12x12 pages that hold 4x6's to use at least temporarily to stuff photos in while you're waiting to compile your supplies. but it's definitely not too late to start on this!! not by a mile!

19. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I agree with this!! Just start taking your photos and printing them and keeping little things in a drawer and jot down notes or something! then you can get started as you like!

20. Gina

Gina Some women fear the fire. Some women become it.

*clap* Love the inspiration here!! I am waiting for my Amber cards to arrive. :) I LOVE your idea of a hodge podge Laura. I could totally handle that. :)