Printing PL - when digi

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Krisi616, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Krisi616

Krisi616 New Member

So I decided to do Project Life - digi. I got my cover done and the first 3 days done. As I was saving them I realized that I need to print these (was planning on doing a photo book like my other albums), but my images, faux protectors, writing go up to the edge of the page. Anyone do PL digitally last year? Did you print them and put into a binder or print as a photo book?

2. judet

judet Active Member

This is something that I've been thinking about too. I would prefer a photo book because of the physical size of the end product :). I decided to shrink the template that I was using, leaving about an inch of clear space around the edge. I'm still a little worried about things lining up but I'm thinking that there's nothing I can do about that and need to be a little less obsessive!

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

If you print them 12x12 with Persnickety (or 8x8 I suppose lol), and then put them into a binder they'd be fine. Persnickety is good about not needing a bleed area. But I'm not sure how a page protector within a page protector would look? Hmm.

4. Dana

Dana Dana

i print mine and put them into 12x12 binders ... and i used persnickety for all my printing :)

5. sucali

sucali sucali

I will print it as a photobook at the end of the year.
    I made all templates smaller so that there is more border around...Otherwise they will cut away something when printing...
    The other possibility would be to have a white border around, not to have the pages in full size...

6. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Hi Krisi! :D I'm doing the physical album, but if I were going digi I'd go with a photobook.

7. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I would totally do the photobook as well and agree with Angie too... it might look a little weird having the page protector (digitally) inside of the real page protector. Smart thinking!

8. Krisi616

Krisi616 New Member

Ok... off to resize the templates so that I don't have to do it each time!

9. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

Hey, Krisi! I don't know where you print your photobooks, but I know when I've printed with Shutterfly in the past they have templates you can download that show the bleed area. I always make sure the main portion of my pages is within this bleed but that the background paper covers in and out of the bleed area... if that makes any sense. I don't remember exactly, but it seems like it was 1/8-1/4 of an inch around maybe.

10. Krisi616

Krisi616 New Member

I had some done at MyPublisher (through Costco) and then one other place. The place I was looking into for this is www.viovio.com because they do 10x10 and I was thinking that would be the perfect size. I think an 8x8 might be a little to small since the sections are smaller to begin with. Can't wait to see your pages jaime!

11. Gina

Gina Some women fear the fire. Some women become it.

I am going back and scrapping my old P365 photos from 2009 and 2010 digitally. I am using Val's Pocket 3. So yes, I am putting the protector in another "real" protector post-printing but I am not worried about it. It's just a layout going into a plastic sleeve. It's not like you are cutting it apart and putting it into a sectioned PL protector or what have you... I am just not a fan of photo books but that's my own weirdness. I need the ability to go back in and add a page. I always feel like I am going to forget something. :giggle

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  12. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

This is me. If I do a digital page, then it's just going inside a real protector whether or not I used a digital one or not. And I can't print LO's in a book because I always miss something too. Learned that lesson the hard way a couple of years ago.