printing calendars?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by gwtwred, Dec 30, 2015.

1. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Do any of the rest of you order custom calendars? If so, where do you have them printed?

I am at a loss about this. I know that Persnickety Prints, Shutterfly, Snapfish, etc. will print calendars, but they all seem to want me to use their templates instead of just uploading the layouts I've made myself. The normal printing places, like Kinkos and Staples, will print presentations with spiral binding, but they only give the option of binding on the left (like a booklet), not binding on the top (like a calendar). I literally spent four hours last night looking for somewhere I could place an online order for spiral binding at the top instead of the left, and I couldn't find one. I was up until 2 AM.

Please help! What am I doing wrong?

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have printed at Office Depot and had the spiral binding at the top. But, I went in with my files on a CD and explained to them what I needed done. A lot of the local printing places will have more options available than what they list online. The downside is that you end up having to go to the store twice.

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I do custom ones from Shutterfly..you have to look for the ONE photo upload and load as a jpg. I love Shutterfly..happiness is that orange box on my doorstep. I have a calendar to arrive tomorrow...they had free ones all December...save that thought for next year?

Jen22 and lvancura like this.
  4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Persnickety also has a "full size photo" option. You do not have to use one of the other themes.

Jen22 likes this.
  5. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

I used Photobook America this year because they had a sale for $29.99 for 5 12x12. I can upload the images for the topper and the calendar grids too, which I didn't do this year. I'll have to remember to do them next year. Adoramapix has a coupon for 40% off calendars that expire tomorrow. I know Liz (of Scrapping with Liz) has printed hers through them this year. Hopefully she can come in and show you how she's done it.

6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Here in the UK (and probably in Europe) there is sonmething called Vista Print, I print calendar for my mum every year, and they have wall calendars for £6.99...the type that is like a book with one page per month... and they have all in one/posters and I have printed Little Butterfly Wings (I am trying to link you up but my computer is very slow as I'm restoring files) I printed mini books for my mum's purse, and for my dad, with Photobox....they are great and quiet cheap too....
    here is what I did with the minis:

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I printed mine through Shutterfly this year - because free, just shipping. I just did the topper, not the whole thing, and picked out the full photo layout.
    I've never done a custom calendar before, so I just picked one to start somewhere!

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. Jen22

Jen22 New Member

I was looking for some place that let me do both top and bottom images. I asked around last year and a couple people brought up My Pic Tales. And randomly (also last year) searching I found a site called Overnight Prints. I started making my calendar but life got in the way and I never did get much done. Overnight Prints had a larger bleed then I had originally designed for, but their site was pretty user friendly. My Pic Tales (I think) required a program to be downloaded, but I can't remember if I ever tried it. Sorry -- not much help. But it's what I found last year when looking :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know Adorama lets you do top and bottom. @Scrapping with Liz posted a photo of hers that she got. Maybe we can pull her in to post it here?!?

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Its been a while but i did purchase a calendar at Shutterfly that i loved. It was just a basic monthly calendar that you hang on your wall but it was full of my pictures from Italy. I loved it and wish i could still use it.

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yes! I did a 12x18 Calendar for my mom. It's like you read my mind. There will be a review on it tomorrow on my blog! I love it. I'm gonig to make one again this year.

MrsPeel, lorryfach and bestcee like this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

13. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I've been getting mine from Artscow since 2009 and I am happy - can't beat the price!

MrsPeel and DixieDoesPSP like this.
  14. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Thank you all for the suggestions! I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough on the Persnickety and Shutterfly websites. Boo. I could have saved myself a lot of time. I will keep this page bookmarked so that I know where to look next year!

MrsPeel likes this.