Prime Day

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 16, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Anyone else shopping Amazon Prime Day?? Right now I'm just frustrated because it's not working at all. A few of the deals I can see, but not all of them and I keep getting error messages. Too much traffic I suppose. I'm going to take a break and come back later. I know for sure that I want to get my mom a Fire Stick (on sale for $19.99) for Christmas, but I wanted to look around and see what else I could find. I'd like to get my son and daughter an Instant Pot (on sale for $58.99).

If you're shopping, what deals have you found??

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Nope. Down for me. )=

I'm annoyed because I took my lunch and then the website crashed. -.-

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I was just coming to chat about prime day... it's been up and down for DD too. I guess we all broke their servers... hehe!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I had to get a gift for DS's friend's bday party, and I was hoping it'd be on sale today. It's not, but I did get myself 2 puzzles and saved $10 on my order--that's about 25% off the total purchase so I'm happy!

Then I bought Exploding Kittens. Gonna give that to DH for our anniversary coming up. Oh dang, I just remembered DD's friend's bday party is next weekend so I have to get something for him too. Off to Amazon again!

IntenseMagic and bestcee like this.
  5. Tree City

...and not to post back-to-back, but now Amazon is completely shut down on me and I can't check out with that bday gift. Sigh.

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

This is my first Prime Day that I'm actually looking for stuff (dorm stuff for the boy). How is the best way to navigate Prime Day? Someone told me to put everything I was interested in into a wish list and keep checking that. I did that last night, but I'm not if this method even makes sense. I am buying something though... if I scanned my prime code in the Whole Foods app at the store, I got a $10 prime day gc with a $10 WF purchase.

7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Elements 2018 is half price. Painfully tempting.

Can anyone compare 2018 to 14?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I signed up for Kindle Unlimited ($0.99/ 3 months) and Audible. $4.95/month for 3 months.
    And I put the movies I want on camelcamelcamel. I'm waiting to see if I get an email that they are the price I want.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

I wish I knew the best way. I've just been browsing the deals or trying to think of what I want to look for. You can search specifically in Prime Day deals. But every time I start making progress the site goes down again UGH. One of the times it emptied my whole cart :/ I heard that about the wish list, too. I had some things in my cart before the sale, thinking that maybe once it started the cart would reflect the price, but that didn't work.

10. IntenseMagic

I did this, too!

bestcee likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I just picked it up because it was way cheaper to just buy outright than to upgrade through Adobe. I am still running Elements 11 though. I'm not sure here who went from 14 to 18 and what they can tell you. @bestcee Didn't you get 18 or am I incorrect?

12. bestcee

I also did the book deal: $5/20 for real books with the coupon PRIMEBOOKS18. And I bought an ebook, and got credit for 75% of the price for a future book.

Karen likes this.
  13. bestcee

Nope. I didn't get 18. 14 is my last one. But, remember, Adobe changed numbering from 15 to 2018. So, it's two version difference(14,15,2018).

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've been waiting to get the latest version and since it was $50, I snatched that puppy up. LOL It was a 4 version difference for me.

15. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'm so used to 14, I don't know if there's going to be that much of a difference between them.

bestcee likes this.
  16. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

We picked up the Fire 7 Tablet for our daughter's Christmas present. Then boring stuff like diaper wipes, dish soap, and snack items (bulk cupboard stuff).

bestcee likes this.
  17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I got a few accessories for hubby's new car- wireless charger for our phones and sun shade for front window. I picked up a new portable phone charger (my last one kicked the bucket- but lasted forever!) I'm watching a deal right now for DD- 120 gel pens for $10! She loves gel pens & has already used up her 2nd costco set! lol!

Edited to add: It's been SUPER glitchy from my phone app- but working just fine on Desktop... which means I've been checking in here too often & neglecting house work! ;)

18. Tree City

Oh that's funny cuz my phone app has been working better than Mozilla on my laptop.

And @tkradtke I always have a wish list going for each child and one for me (and one for gifts for other people...it's mostly for DH but I can't title it "Ryan" cuz then he'd peek lol!). Anyway, for Prime Day, this afternoon I just looked through each wish list: the current price is on there, of course, but then I look right under the price and any item with a current price lower than what its price when I added it to my wish list will say "(Price dropped ___% since added)" in bold and so those items just jump out at me.

amien1 likes this.
  19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hmmm - you know there is more than one version, right? We didn't know and got the explicit one for ds for Christmas. Oops... It is explicit due to the violence.

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I can't see anything everything keeps failing!