Posting credits in the gallery...

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by cherpea, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yes, all of this!

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Looks like it is working today.. my comment box is back to normal as is multiple designer linking. Amy Thank you!!

3. cfile

Guess I spoke too soon.. back to the problem

4. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

if you would all please clear out your cookies and cache. multiple gallery uploads are fine. the description box is now HTML oriented vs BB code, something that many should enjoy and prefer - makes linking much easier.

5. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Normally when I post credits I copy and paste all BB codes to a sticky on my desktop, then copy and paste in the description box. When I try to paste into the description box now there's no 'paste' option when I right click. Am I doing something wrong? I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff!

6. cfile

Thanks Amy.. I see the multiple galleries.. Thanks :)

7. star74

star74 Legoland, anyone?

I'm having the same problem.
    I'm using the link-symbol and then add the links, but in the second screen I see all sorts of "<P" thingies and when I finally post them everything is gone.....even when I tried not using the links, but name them in the second upload screen they were gone......

8. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

I see the <p thingies also, don't have a clue what they mean....another gallery I post in is having the same issues since the last update, it's been going on for months, they have not been able to figure it out yet...posting credits is a hit and miss thing, some time they show up as a link but the link is broken. I am constantly having to update my links...I will have to see how the credits are for me here at TLP when I post my SOSN page today.

9. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

the <p thingies is the HTML code lol. it replaces the stuff you used to have to do by hand :)

yes, I'm able to post links, but the when I click on any of the links, even in somebody elses gallery, it just brings me here to the main forum page. it's too bad that there are so many problems with the galleries :(

10. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

are you using the URL link button in the post dialog box? if not, you need to be or the links will disappear, yes. this is HTML code (thus the "weird" things showing up on the second page of uploading (ie the <p tags).... if you are still trying to use BB code (ie [ IMG ] or [ URL ], then everything WILL disappear.

if this is happening, they haven't linked the correctly. it's not a "problem," per se, with the gallery.

11. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

yep, I was doing them that way. it's mysteriously working now lol. thanks Amy.

12. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

13. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

bump BBCode is still good to use...still reference THIS THREAD.

14. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

I normally copy/paste my links but when the uploading is finished, my links have disappeared?? So I have to go back to every layout and edit then and copy/paste then? I looked at the other thread whgere you pointed out using the edit tab but that doesn't work for me either? I'm nto sure what is going wrong as I always do it this way and it always works, here as well. When going back to edit them then it all does work, even the links

I can upload to multiple again, so that one is fixed

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014