Polly spot?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by mrs2a50, Jan 23, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I hope the bed rest gets you back on your feet and scrapping!!

2. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I would totally be interested, I think it would be so much fun to be involved behind the scenes! There's so much talent out there I don't know how you'd be able to pick though (that would not be the hardest job ever!!!)

3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I wish we had a LOVE button. My friend....this means SO much.:love:beat:heartlub:wub:wubb

4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'd LOVE to be a Polly. I am recently an empty nester so I have time to scrap again and 20 years worth of pictures to catch up on. :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    weaselwatchr, Frumpje, JenEm and 3 others like this.
  5. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I would totally LOVE to be a Polly!!! I so enjoy putting challenges together, chatting in the forums, and commenting on layouts! This is the first year that I've felt that I would have the time to even think about it. But, regardless of who is chosen, I LOVE THE LILYPAD!
    :ballonhang:clap:banana:heartslub:lalala:yippee

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    weaselwatchr, ArmyGrl, JenEm and 2 others like this.
  6. AZK

AZK Active Member

Wow, that sounds so appealing, but I'm not sure I have what it takes to be a regular Polly. But a guest spot? I'd be all over that!

weaselwatchr, JenEm and HeatherB like this.
  7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Becoming a Polly has been in my bucket list for some years. Then I realized that I don't stand a chance.

BUT, if I manage to finish MOC this year, it'll be awesome to be considered, for old times' sake!

At some point I was 13 challenges behind! Here's why:

- I got stuck as early as day 2 :eyeroll
    - I got immersed in a brand new hobby :banana
    - I broke my wrist :badmood
    - I am relearning to use the pc with only one hand :badputer
    - On Monday and Tuesday, we got the worst snowfall ever. I live in a city where snowfalls are pretty rare. :madness
    - Because of the *%&*%#%* snowfall, half our house has no electricity since Monday afternoon (it's already more than 48 hours) and will be like that for at least 1 more day :furious

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@cinderella OH MY!!! That's rough! Wait! "Then I realized that I don't stand a chance." WHAT?!! Your pages are consistently amazing! I can spot your page at a glance! You most definitely should be taken under consideration!!!

weaselwatchr, Karen and cinderella like this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you, Amanda! :heartlub That's really sweet of you to say, but I'm sure it will be the same this year too!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm so sorry about your wrist, Cindy. That really stinks! Don't feel bad if you're still behind. The first year I did MOC, I didn't decide to even participate until Day 18...lol. I think you're an amazing scrapper!

11. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

To all those people who think they are not good enough, for whatever reason, DARE TO DREAM!

Being chosen as one of the winners of MOC 9 last year came as a huge surprise, and is still so exciting for me. It is also a little surreal to see the "Polly" tag under my name! Hanging out in "Pollyville" is so much fun, and is everything I dreamed it would be. I love the sense of community and camaraderie here at The Pad - both in front of house, and behind the scenes. I love how we encourage, support and teach each other.

Good luck to all those who are hoping to be chosen. I can’t wait to see who the next Polly will be! :beat

12. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

You don't happen to have background in theatre or music, do you? It's not often you hear that phrase outside of the industry...

weaselwatchr, Karen and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I would love to make pretty pages for TLP <3.

weaselwatchr and HeatherB like this.
  14. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

It is a dream and goal of mine since forever! I would love the privilege of being a Polly. I wouldn't let you down!!

15. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I'm not sure if I've got what it takes to become a Polly, especially with all the talents that I see in the MOC gallery. But I wouldn't say no if I was offered a guest spot!

16. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I would be so honored, if I would be chosen. LOVE this site
    [​IMG]

17. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh, I know that feeling of falling behind...I have 17 challenges done, but I had a case o erysipelas in my leg and it's almost impossible to finish MOC this year, I'm in bed rest and all...it's sad, because I wanted to finish this, there are some pretty cool challenges...=(
    and the possibility of being considered for a Pollywog position is definitely a sweet dream!! hang in there @cinderella, you can do it!!

18. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@cinderella and @Ferdy Both of you hang in there and keep plugging - chugging along! I am your cheerleader! :cheer There have been times I did not make my best layout in order to finish a challenge (speed over quality sucks but you do what you have to do). I do not want to speak out of turn, but from my perspective its not MOC alone that is the deciding factor for the next Polly, its a component, but not the solo. Its how you create and participate at TLP all year long! And both of you are part of our TLP family. :heartlub

19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

This has given me hope. I was going to stop and may still have to due to real life but if I’m lucky I might still at least be able to get close. I’ve done 22 I think so far so it may still be doable.

20. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

@ArmyGrl Lisa, thanks for the encouragement and sweet words!! I am truly your fan! :bk:heartslub