Please Help Me Organize My Styles In PSE

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

But you have to create a new one @bestcee @keepscrappin . I don't get why can't I just save instead of save new!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep. I can't find a way to just save over the original. I totally get that!

At least we have more tools than PSE does when it comes to styles!

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Yep, you change the old one and just give it a new name. But once you’ve changed and saved it, you won’t have to change it each time you use it like you do now. Then you can remove the old set and use your new changed set.

cfile likes this.
  4. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

My personal conclusion after reading all this this is that I really,really NEED to get started (and comfortable) with using PSCC!!!!!

bestcee likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Or, at minimum do the trial and fix your styles the way you want? Then save them so you can load them into PSE?
    I recommend PSCC though!

cinna likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I misread your question Dalis... I didn't realize you wanted to adjust a style and just save to write over... You have to save your adjusted as a new one.

--------------------------------------------------
    However since I already did this, incase someone wanted to know the steps to change the name of their styles here are the screen shots:

If you need to rename the particular style in PS CC it is just like you would rename a layer.. open it in preset manager

1) Edit>Presets>Preset Manager
    rename style1.jpg

2) Chose from the drop down which presets you want to change... in this instance, choose Styles

rename style2.jpg

3) Double Click on Style you want to rename or highlight and click on rename button:

rename style3.JPG

4) In the Name area just highight it (like you would rename a layer in the layer pallet) and rename to what you want:

rename style4.JPG

5) Press Okay. Your style is renamed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saving a new set:

If you have created your own style:

If you want to save a set, click on the styles you want to keep together,. just like in the layer pallet if they are next to each other, select the first one, hold down the shift key and go to the end of the styles to include. With them highlighted, click on the save set button. If you only want to save various ones, click on the first one to highlight and using the ctrl key (or cmmd key on Mac) click on the various other styles you want to include in the set. Click on Save set and name it whatever you want.

rename style5.JPG

ALSO: You can move styles around just by grabbing and sliding to where you want while in the preset manager.

This would be the same for anything in the preset manager - ie: Brushes, patterns etc.

Hope this helps @Dalis @bestcee @keepscrappin @cinna

If you adjust the original Dalis, I would think you would want to save it as a new one. (ie one you bought and then adjusted with a corrected angle) You are adjusting the original so you would want to keep the original. I get you want to resave with the same name but it has you save as a new one.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    keepscrappin, Dalis and cinna like this.