playlist?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by talktoheather, Sep 8, 2013.

1. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

so i i'm thinking about getting into this running thing... and am wondering, playlist?

i'm a folky kind of girl and can't see running to the avett brothers at record breaking speeds.

so what do you listen to while you run? :D

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Haha I do beyonce single ladies like on repeat with lady ga ga bad romance and move it move it the Madagascar song lots of times

3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Yeah - I kind of listen to "bust a move" girl power songs, and that is TOTALLY not what I listen to on a regular basis - it's generally either christian rock or country - and quite honestly those are just not good to run to! :) Hahaha! SO yeah - I kick it to chick songs - Katy Perry has some great ones, beyonce, lady gaga, etc... Old school 80's is always great too! Go girl - it will suck at first but you may just enjoy the whole running thing!!!

4. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

Pit bull, The Fighter (gym class heroes), Marroon 5, Katy Perry's new song. Hope you love it!! See if you can find some of the songs you like in remixes, may take some searching, but whatever it takes to distract you and keep you moving!

5. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

My playlist is full of P!nk, with a bit of Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Eskimo Joe, Kylie Minogue & Adele mixed in.

6. KirstenW

KirstenW New Member

I'm a folky kind-of girl, too, but I definitely need music to run - and upbeat is better.

Here's a few songs from my current playlist that I think you might like:

Hopeless Wanderer - Mumford & Sons
    Home - Johnnyswim
    Harlem - New Politics
    Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold - Lone Bellow
    Bastille - Pompeii
    Everything's Looking Up - Sugar and the High Lows
    Dreaming - Smallpools

also loving a few from the Great Gatsby soundtrack

Just downloaded Roar by Katy Perry, Applause by Lady Gaga, and added a little Justin Timberlake to the list.

Hope that helps!

7. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

You speak my language!! I'll have to look into the others!

Thanks everyone!!

8. christelle

christelle New Member

Am I totally out of place with Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica? I guess that's why I stopped running ;-)!!! Go girl! Well done! How's it going?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  9. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

Eminem, Kings of Leon, Muse, Matchbox Twenty, Train, Cake, Volbeat, Pink - anything with a good rythem. I can't run without the rythem from the music or I'll stumble. Some of the music I only listen to when exercising but in general I listen to all genres.

10. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

You need this: Jog.fm

You put in your pace and it figures out music that has the correct tempo for your pace. Which is nice, because you can also put in your DESIRED pace, and then faster music will make you run faster.

11. scrapmonkey

scrapmonkey Member

Christelle - You are not out of place - I find Metallica (Invisible Kid, Master Of Puppets, The Wait), Pantera (Cowboys From Hell) and Slipknot (Duality, Wait and Bleed) have some great songs with a nice fast rhythm. I even have some Fear Factory (almost anything from their Remanufacture album), Otep (Smash The Control Machine) and Warlock (Three Minute Warning) mixed in there as well on the metal side.

And then I have pop (Justin Timberlake Rock Your Body, Imagine Dragons Radioactive), 80's new wave (Thomas Dolby Hyperactive, MARRS Pump Up The Volume), indie (Gang Gang Dance House Jam, Walk The Moon Anna Sun), rap (Beastie Boys Intergalactic), disco (BeeGees Tragedy) and 70's (Bill Conti Gonna Fly Now, Christopher Cross Ride Like The Wind). Of course, I bike right now instead of run, so I need a slightly different tempo, but whatever gets you moving, right?

FYI, Spotify has free (you do have to listen to the occasional ad unless you want to pay for ad-free) access to some Workout playlists, some geared to running or biking and some of them have BPM counts. Not all are pop-oriented - there are some Indie Workout lists and one cycling mix has mostly hard rock (Bon Jovi, Korn, GNR) and rap (Cypress Hill, Eminem) with other stuff/styles mixed in.

12. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

Thank you Peppermint. I'm so going to use this for inspiration.

13. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

Wow! Thank you for the link

14. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Oh wow I am off to browse, thanks for that link.

Tamara

15. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

My playlist is more alt rock - awolnation, jack white and his various bands over the years, 90s rock like Bush etc.

16. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I love the songs of Milk In. to run! They have good beats and in my head I'm singing the lyrics with it.
    I don't think you will know them, they are Belgian, but here are some examples if you would like tot take a look at it:
    This one is a very good one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzwTTDwR_0

And some others:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF0eTXRIGTM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjqjXL2D4Y0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjdneLppKQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWXbQsctMw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3mLTvR5L4w

17. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

rockabilly, avicii, Kenny Wayne Shephard, Dave Alvin and the Guilty (primarily Interstate City), bunch of latin mambo music, imagine dragons, capital cities, Daft Punk, Macklemore, Ed Sheeran, some ColdPlay; basically if I hear it and it makes me wanna dance/groove, it has a chance of hitting the list...

18. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Thank you for the jog.fm link!! I never considered cycling to Neil Diamond before! LOL

19. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I listen to all kinds of stuff. I'm not always trying to run FAST. Practically never, in fact. I just want to relax and settle into a comfortable pace, and I can do that with any song that I like. lol

20. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I've been using Rick's Shuffle, and so basically whatever he has on it. There's Counting Crows, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., just a lot of songs I lik singing along to. I'm a very slow runner, so I just like something that helps me pass the time!