Planner pages for a 6x8 album?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by MelanieB, Dec 19, 2015.

1. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

I'm not going to be doing pocket scrapbooking in the traditional way in 2016, because I just don't have time anymore for 2-page pocket spreads like I did for most of this year.

.... but I don't want to make the switch over to planners, either. I want to include the best of both worlds! I just want to keep the 6x8 size.

Specifically, I like the look of the two-page monthly calendar. I can write stuff in the boxes, add elements, and add photos as well, for a nice summary of the month. And then can I add bits and pieces of life in various-sized pockets after that, sometimes a 6x6 layout, sometimes a 4x6 photos, etc.

This is just a long & rambling way of asking: Do you know of any company or any designer here that makes clean, white planner pages for 6x8 books? To be honest, I hadn't been paying much attention to all the planner stuff until Planner Collection Monthly came out. :blush

Or am I going to have to make them myself?

Thank you for any info you can provide!

2. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

You might be able to find some A5 planner pages you can cheat. A5 is about .25" longer so if there is a bit of white space at the bottom or top you could probably trim that .25 off easy enough. A5 is a slight bit narrower as well but that seems like something that would be easier to manage. I know there are some fun A5 sized planner pages in the store. Maybe print out some pages for December as a test to see if you could make it work?

3. MelanieB

Thank you! :heartlub

What size is your MAMBI Happy Planner? You do fun stuff with it!

Actually, just after I posted, I found Valorie's Lola A5 planner kit in the store and it seemed perfect, but I was concerned with the size. I was was wondering if I could just resize it without too much wonkiness happening. I will try printing them out & see what happens! Thank you, again!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  4. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Yeah that one looks like it might work well without resizing. Just trim a little shorter and a little wider. I'm curious to know how it works for you.

Happy planner pages measure 7"x9.25".

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

So what I will be doing with my happy planner, and have already done with my FC365 planner, is to scan pages in and create my own template. If I have to sit down each week, "scrapping", printing, cutting and sticking things in, I will not keep up with my planner. But if I am really scrapping and printing, without cutting, and just hole punching, I'll be much better off.

The snap albums are 6x8, and I've seen some page protectors at hobby lobby that are just rows of squares (as well as other configurations). That seems like it would totally work for what you've mentioned. Then, you could print out your digi supplies and put them in the boxes, and then sort of scan in and make a template for future months, if desired.

Not sure if that is helpful

mommy2boyz likes this.
  6. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

SC has some planner pages for free. They're for the Hello Forever Planners, which I believe are a bit larger than 6x8, but you could maybe resize them or just print at 6x8?

ETA: Nevermind. I see you found Val's...how did that work for you?

7. MelanieB

Imagine my surprise that Simple Stories now does 6x8 planners!!!! I don't know how I missed that! And the inserts fit into my Simple Stories 6x8 binders! And they have double page calendars! Except they are probably Sunday start & I don't like the colours anyway, so I think I'll do what @klee73010 suggested & scan pages so I can make my own templates and fix the things I don' like, add Val's Lola stuff. This is going to work out well!

I spent some time playing with Valorie's Lola stuff and it worked out well! I was able to change the size to 6x8 (1800px x 2400px) and there was no warping of the page. Everything looked fine.

This may be the start of an actual plan for 2016! :yesss Thank you, everyone, for your help! :heartlub

kaphelps and klee73010 like this.