Pick Your Prize - Instructions and Questions

Discussion in 'Pick Your Prize' started by carolee, Apr 28, 2015.

1. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Our popular Pick Your Prize giveaways are back! Each one of our designers is giving away one of their products to a lucky winner and the winner gets to choose what that prize will be!

To play along, all you need to do is peruse the designer's store and choose one product that you would love to win (collabs and CU products are excluded). Then post in the thread and tell us what it is. If you can show the product image and link to the product, that would be great, but it is not required. You can post in as many designers threads as you want, but only one time per designer. At the end of iNSD weekend, one lucky poster in each designer's thread will be selected (via random number generator) to win their prize!

Here are the rules for these giveaways:

1. Pick one product only per designer thread.
    2. Collaborations and CU products are excluded.
    3. Products must be chosen before Saturday, May 2nd at 11PM EST.

Good luck everyone and have fun picking your prize!

If you have a question regarding any of the 'Pick Your Prize' threads, please post them here. Thanks!

2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

How do we keep track of our posts in the many designer treads

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Once you've posted in a designer's thread, the pink quote box to the left of the thread name will have an arrow in it. So, you'll know that any without arrows are threads you still need to select a favorite in.

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Do collabs with non-TLP designers still count as collabs? I just noticed a lot of people picking Project Mouse bundles, but I assumed they weren't eligible.

5. carolee

Yes, they do count as collabs Lorry. Thanks for asking. The designers are giving away their own work, not the work of other designers. If anyone is reading this who has selected a collab, please edit your post and choose another product! Thanks!

6. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hi There...

I Was Trying To Figure Out How To Post A Picture With My Prize Request & I Have Tried Several Times & The Best I Could Get Was A Small Picture Of The Preview To Work?...I Tried Several Things & I Can't Get A Large Pic To Show...Instructions Please...Thanks So Much,RJ

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  7. lorryfach

A picture is not required, but if you want to include it, you go to the product page (not the page with lots and lots of products, but the page with just the one you're interested in) and right-click the full-sized preview to get the URL for the larger image. Click the icon that looks like a framed tree and paste the URL there.

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thank You For The Proper Instructions But I Already Tried That & It Didn't Work...But I Did Try It Again,As You Said Here & It Still Didn't Work For Me,So I Guess I Won't Include A Picture...Thanks Though,RJ

9. lorryfach

Sorry, that's the only way I've ever done it!

10. carolee

I am sorry you are having trouble! It's okay if you don't include a photo. Please include a link so I know which product you are referring to if you win. Sometimes products have similar names so the link helps!

11. Spacecadetswife

Spacecadetswife Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how to include a linked picture in my posts. Where you click on the picture and it takes you to that product in the store. Thanks.

12. carolee

That is a two step process. I will take some screen shots and share here. Give me a few minutes.

13. carolee

Okay I broke it all the way out into four steps. Here is a visual step by step on how to add a product image and also link to that product in your post. I am using Google Chrome and a Mac in these examples.

Step One. Go to your selected product page in the store. Right click on the image of the product and copy the image URL. DO NOT close the product page.

[​IMG]

Step Two. Start your post in the appropriate designer's thread. Click on the square picture icon above the text box and a popup will appear. Paste the image URL into the popup field. (Command-V or CTRL-V) After you click OK, the html will appear in the text box. (Ignore the quoted text, I was using this question as an example)

[​IMG]

Step Three. Go back to the product page. Now you want to copy the page URL. Right click or use your mouse to highlight the url and then copy.

[​IMG]

Step Four. Go back to your post. Highlight the html that should already be in your post from Step Two. Now click on the globe icon and a popup with appear. Paste in the page URL you copied from Step Three and click OK.

[​IMG]

You are done! This is what your linked image html should look like (without the quoted text) before you hit post:

[​IMG]

It's essentially html with a url(link) and an image embedded inside. That is how I do it. It is very fast once you get the hang of it. No typing needed, just copy/paste/highlight. I hope these directions help!

14. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I had a little trouble with this myself, until I looked at the screen shot CLOSELY. When coming back to link to the PAGE, I had to ignore the pre-highlighted code, and rehighlight the entire code including those pesky [​IMG]

15. lorryfach

I understood her problem to be with the size of the photo, not with linking it. I can't figure out why it wouldn't show the full size.

16. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Which browser are you using?

17. Cath_

(wish there were a topic to address the store software code writers) How nice a 'owned' option , we could add to a product

for when one buys a bundle, the parts don't show purchased...

18. carolee

Thanks for the observation Cath. I will pass that along to our tech support folks!

19. Cath_

Thank you

20. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Is it ok to pick an add-on to a collab that is only by one of the designers? For instance - one of the M3 add-ons by a single designer.