Photoshop Error Message

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Feb 1, 2018.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Is anyone else getting the following message when trying to open in CC PS?

Could not complete your request. There isn't enough room to display this document.

I usually wait on updates, but the girl at work is getting this and it looks like maybe it's happened after a recent update?

Windows 10 also.

Thanks!

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I got that message this weekend, and I run Windows 10. Had to reinstall CC multiple times. It never would install correctly and has put me in trial mode, with the log-in loop. I’ve been through this before. It’s a nightmare.

I’ve done all the recommended steps to fix the problem, and usually running the cleaner fixes it, but it didn’t this time.

I’ve been finishing up MOC in trial mode (lost my saved workspace and all my settings) because I didn’t have time to deal with contacting Adobe. It’s on my to do list for the weekend.

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I had that problem awhile back and I just restarted my laptop--then no more message. I assumed it was a RAM issue (or some other storage problem). But you keep getting the error? Eek! Do you need to defrag? Or try changing your work space. Do you have a custom one set up? Because the word "display" is what's catching my attention.

4. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Well, thank goodness it's not me!!!

BUT, she uses a laptop hooked up to two screens and she moved PS over to the other screen and now it works! WEIRDNESS! And the two screens settings are exactly the same!

Tree City likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

ah, I read your first message as BOTH of you having problems. I need more coffee. ;) Anyway, glad it fixed itself by switching monitors...but at the same time, it's weird that it fixed itself lol!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Weird. I know Photoshop CC prefers to be on my main screen. I had to tell Windows 10 to switch which screen was 1 and 2. But I don't remember if that was the exact error?

7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

*knock on wood* no...now I'm afraid to close it down now, I did the update the other day, and we're on Windows 10 as well.

bestcee likes this.
  8. Sherrille

Sherrille New Member

Finally found information that actually fixed this. Believe it or not it has to do with the tool bar. It needs to be attached to the left of the Photoshop window (I like it floating). When I first read this I couldn't do it because I couldn't open any of my images, so I couldn't access the toolbar. So, I launched Photoshop with nothing opened. I went under "Window" and chose "Workspace", then "Reset Essentials". It re-docked the toolbar to the left of the Photoshop window and I was then able to open all my images. I read further and it sounds like you can un-dock the tool bar, but don't move it far from the window. Go figure. I hope this works for all of you as well. Take care.

wvsandy and HeatherB like this.