Page formatting question

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Sep 15, 2018.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm starting to work on a trip album, and I'm trying to use the same set of templates throughout to make it easier to scrap and have a theme throughout. I've rotated some of the templates so the title will best fit on the page going sideways. Which brings me to this: When placing text on a page, especially a title, do you place it:
    1. as a title on a book binding is placed (text facing to the left)
    2. towards the center of the page if the title is on an edge
    3. it really doesn't matter
    To me I like the look of text facing towards the center of the book. What do you all think?

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Any way you want! Although you might consider if the reader will have to turn the book to read it. If so, you might want to keep it consistent, i.e. always a clockwise turn (or the other way). Certainly the orientation of the title is going to effect the flow of your page, so that is something to consider also.

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm with @BevG ... do what you want. :) You could also have the title go "down" the page so you don't have to tilt your head/turn the album to read it. Like this (photo from wikipedia):
    [​IMG]

BevG and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I use titles ( I don't always! *gasp*), usually they are bigger than the other text, and thus easy to read no matter the angle.
    I've done
    T
    I
    T
    L
    E
    and had it on either page.

I like sideways titles to read up to down on the right, and down to up on the left hand side. I hope that makes sense, if not, here's some examples:

This page will be a right hand page because of the title.
    [​IMG]

Same with this one - right page. Not because of title placement, but because of the direction it reads.
    [​IMG]

If the Feisty counted as a title, this would be a left hand page.
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I would choose option 1.
    I like the ideas that Courtney shared though, so I will have to try it and see if I like it.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Thanks for your thoughts! It's always fun to hear other's opinions. It's so easy to get caught in a scrapping rut and not do something new. I guess I'll just make it up as I go along, with whatever looks best with the particular page. @bestcee @Tree City I must admit I never thought of putting a title downward like that! I'll have to try it sometime! It seems it would work best with alphas ... on this project I'm using text.

Ya'll are the best! :heartslub

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I go with however it'll fit on the page. Sometimes I have to think outside of the box to get my title to fit where and how I want it to. Haha.

Tree City likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Photobomb is actually text. Just had a style added to it.
    I've done it with straight text. I find as long as there's something to set it apart, like the feisty box it works.

QuiltyMom and Tree City like this.
  9. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Whenever I do this, either with a title or journaling or date, I always have it reading from the left. Because that just makes the most sense to me, without ever actually thinking about it. So I guess you should just do what feels best for you! :)

QuiltyMom likes this.