Pad Patter | Random Question

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Feb 28, 2023.

1. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

From idea to finished layout in 39 minutes. LOL

[​IMG]

aballen, Memaw2Wm and jk703 like this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

tanteva likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

tanteva likes this.
  4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Mine was a bit funny:
    "Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?"
    Well, I'm on my pc and a machine is asking me random questions... What do you think I am? The life of the party?

5. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

What's the most amount of money you've ever found? What was the situation?

It wasn't really me that found it, but my sister's friend found about $175 Canadian last year. She's never been to Canada and the only person she knew from Canada was my sister (who now lives in Tennessee) and has no idea how this money got to her house. The friend figured this meant that someone in my sister's life could use the money, so she gave it to my sister who sent it to me, just out of the blue, as she thought we could use the extra that month.

We really did need it at the time as my hubby was recovering from surgery and on disability so we didn't have our normal income. I have been paying it forward since he's been back at work - in smaller increments but still wanting to pay it forward.

tanteva likes this.
  6. tanteva

:compcoffee

cinderella likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

This is too fun so I'm back again!

If you could only buy ten items at the grocery store to last the next week, what would you buy?

I'm going to count my local bulk food/health food store as well as thats the only place I can get some of what I consider essentials

To be honest this isn't too dissimilar to what I/my mum buys most weeks....there are a few more treats in there usually (potato chips, gluten free cookies and diet coke come to mind).

1. Gluten Free Bread Mix (with the assumption that I already have yeast)
    2. Eggs
    3. A block of edam cheese
    4. Chicken drum sticks
    5. Another meat option that is on sale (usually sausages, pre made meat patties or ground meat of some description)
    6. A variety of vegetables that include either potatoes or sweet potatoes(fresh/frozen/canned - what ever is on sale)
    7. Brown Rice Crackers
    8. Sandwich ham or similar
    9. Instant Rice or Quinoa packs
    10. Coleslaw Mix

8. littlekiwi

If you were handed $500 at this moment, how would you spend it?

Easy....a new phone. Mine died about two weeks ago and I'm probably another week or two away from a new one because of cost.

9. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

1. cig
    2. coke-a-cola soda
    3. eggs
    4. heavy cream
    5. knorr's buttered noodles
    6. bob evans regular mashed potatoes
    7. oreo thins, golden
    8. pepto bismo
    9 butter
    10 velvetta
    (my only food consumed in 3 years)

jk703 likes this.
  10. Cath_

pay for kits i bought last month

jk703 likes this.
  11. Cath_

oops misunderstood game

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I like when a story parallels the book... I found Bridges of Madison County Movie w/ Clint Eastwood & Meryl Streep was exactly the same as the book and that was really good.. another recently I watched CB Strike: Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) was exactly the book...very good.

Others: Outlander while I love watching the Series on Starz ... but I started reading the books because of the series and WOW.. so much more detail in the book. Still Outlander I love them both...

so to answer your random question, I have never seen a movie (that I remember anyway) being better than the book... probably equal to the book. I like each medium books/movies for their own reasons. :)

Great question.. thanks for giving us this question to ponder!

aballen likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

What's your opinion on cell phones?

These days essential! I use it for all of my job applications as a start but for so much more with all of the apps these days.

I recently had a situation where I was paying a utility bill through my internet banking and it sends a four digit code to my phone to verify the transaction which I totally understand why they do that. However with my cell currently being out of commission I can't get the code so I thought I'd go into my internet banking and change the cell number to my mum's one temporarily (with her permission of course)....to change it my bank sends a verification code to the original phone that in my case is dead.....so frustrating!

14. cfile

I decide before going and I write it down sometimes :) That is what we do when we are going to a restaurant we have never been to... I look up the menu on line so I have an idea of what I want before I get there. If there are specials when I get there I may change my mind, but at least I have an idea so I am not delaying when ordering :)

umyesh likes this.
  15. cfile

I was just thinking that too :) Perhaps for a journaling challenge!

tanteva likes this.
  16. cfile

LOL I am giggling over here.. Have you read "midnight sun" the first book from Edwards thoughts? Also the other version Stephanie Meyer wrote (Life & Death) which was the first book and it was Bella as the vampire....interesting flips.. also the one on 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella'.

I have read all her books including the Host... I was in a phase at the time! :)

17. tanteva

I've read Bree Tanner, but not the others. TBH, she's a terrible writer. Thought it was the translation that was bad at first, but only a couple of chapters in the original, made me realize the translator had done her best to cover things up. :giggle

cfile likes this.
  18. cfile

Yes I agree re terrible writer which is why I did not like the Host.. LOL.. I really liked vampires from my youth watching Dark Shadows, so the books on Twilight I read and watched the movies.. still do :) LOL

tanteva likes this.
  19. jk703

hahahaha! This is so funny! I love it! I'm a mixed bag if you will. I like my downtime, and at times crave it. But I have a social side, with the right people by my side.

That is a wonderful story! Gives a little hope when times are difficult! We just landed in that area... hubby's car is dying, and we need to go car shopping to get one. I really don't want a payment. ugh!

tjscraps and cinderella like this.
  20. jk703

NO rules to this game Cath! Join in any questions that you'd like! I saw your list and I need soda on mine too! :)
    And $500 for me would go toward a car, hubby's is dying. ugh!