Pad Patter: 8/14 Favorite cuisine

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amandajane, Aug 14, 2012.

1. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Spanish, Moroccan, French.

Which is your favorite, what about the rest of your family?

We eat it all!! My favorite is Japanese and lucky for me the whole family really likes it too. Next would be Thai and Mexican. Least favorite is Moroccan, I'm just not into sweet things in my meals.

2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Definitely Italian with Mexican running in a close 2nd.

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My favorite is Italian. The easiest to make GF is Italian, Mexican, and Asian. I need to educate myself on other types of cuisine evidently!

4. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

We likes it all but my ultimate favorite is GERMAN food. Ever since we lived in Germany for 3 years back in the late 70s...early 80s, I have been in love with the cuisine. YUM-O!

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Um, I love all food. :rofl

I guess my #1 would be mexican. But I love japanese, italian, german, thai, chinese, etc etc etc. lol

6. Andrea

Andrea New Member

I could eat Mexican food 5 days a week, lol. My family would eat Italian 5 days a week if I would let them, lol.

I guess in general, I like food. Especially chocolate...

7. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Mexican, then Italian, then Chinese. :)

8. Dana

Dana Dana

ha - i like everything :) but - mexican is my favorite .. then moroccan and indian ... then french and japanese ... then italian ... and the list goes on and on and on ... :)

amanda - have you eaten moroccan in morocco? there's so much that doesn't have sweetness to it (the only sweet stuff i have in my moroccan is when i get lamb tagines w/ prunes ... and if there are raisins added to couscous .. ) - i was wondering if it was maybe just where you were having it? or maybe what you ordered? LOL - it's seriously a close second for me so i want everyone to like it - LOL! i don't think i've ever eaten so well as i did on my vacation there ... haha -but everyone likes different things ...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  9. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

italian and chinese for me and my kiddos :-)

10. julia

julia julia

Mexican, but Chinese on a close (very close!) 2nd place along with Italian cuisine... Really, I love food so it's hard to choose only 1 :)

11. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I live with the king of picky (my son) but he is branching out recently. My personal favorite is Mexican, but I also love asian and Thai.

12. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

^ This.

Except Indian food, which has less to do with Indian cuisine than it does that it was the last thing I ate before a bout with the stomach flu a few years ago and that never turns out well.

Honestly my go-to food is cheeseburgers and those are American, no? And my husband is addicted to BBQ - also American. Nicholas' favorite is probably Mexican. But we're big lovers of all Asian cuisine, but mainly if it's take-out. My skills in that genre are not great.

13. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

How old is he, Stacia? My son has blown my mind just in the past 3 years with the way his food world has expanded. I chose not to fight that battle when he was younger, I didn't want to be arguing with him over food so YES, I was the mom who prepared two separate meals for a lot of years. And I worried that he'd go off to college eating nothing but chicken, mac n' cheese and hot dogs. Then he hit 3rd grade and all of a sudden he opened his mind to trying new things and it's been a lot of "OMG, are you eating guacamole?" or "You like egg rolls? GET OUT!" ever since. He even consistently tries things that he hasn't liked in the past - like Tom and I love brussels sprouts and N will ask to try one a couple times a year just to see if his feelings have changed (they haven't, but I didn't like brussels sprouts until I was about 16 either).

14. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Mexican and Italian are my faves, along with Cuban. I am going to make some Cuban food right now!

15. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Mexican and Italian are a tie for me. Mexican might have a slight lead. But I hate beans...hate them. Still able to enjoy my Mexican though!

16. Katarina

Katarina Heather's Team

American. :p Besides that, Italian!

17. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I like all food as long as I don't have to cook it!

Seriously though...I love food, spicy food is best. Things I don't like would be nutmeg in Italian food and lemon grass in Thai food. I love other Italian and Thai things though, but those two things I can't eat. I love Greek food too, but I can't handle when they use eggplant in their Mousaka. Other than that...I'll eat anything!!

18. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

My fav is Mexican with Italian a close second. My family is pretty much the same with those being the top 2. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas for Mexican, and of course Pizza and pretty much any pasta for Italian. And my fav dessert is by far Tiramisu. :)