Pad Patter: 12/24 - High School

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

What did you do in HS? Is it different than how you are now? Were you a geek in HS but a jock now? The other way around? Were you Miss Popularity, or a social misfit?

I was a social misfit. Kinda like now. :giggle I played soccer, but not well. Definitely would not have been considered a jock. I am in FAR better shape now than I was then. lol

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I was a weird mix in high school. I was a band geek, ran track, total Nerd (11th in my class) and my best friend was a cheerleader. I was more shy then than I am now. College brought me out of my shell more. Otherwise I'm pretty much the same person. I'd rather stay at home and scrapbook and have a very eclectic mix of friends still. :)

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I think I'm fairly similar to how I was in high school, other than being more vocal with my opinion, which just comes with age :) I wasn't in any specific group - wasn't a jock, or a band geek, or a braniac, or one of the "popular" girls. I had a small group of friends and pretty much kept to myself, very much like now.

4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I went to a high school that I wasn't supposed to attend so I was very out of place. My sophomore and junior year I was in color guard. I only joined so that I could get away from my really strict stepfather. My senior year I had four classes and left at lunch. I would never want to redo high school. LOL! I am also in way better shape now than I was then.

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I was the same daydreaming fat brainiac then as I am now; the big difference was that I was really unaware of how my personality affected my choices and vice versa if that makes sense. I really did not understand myself or really knew what was best for me.

I was not in a particular group. My closest friends were all in Marching Band, but I was not. I was part of Academic Super Bowl, Spellbowl, SADD, the school literary magazine and a lot of things with my church like youth group, handbell choir, and serving as a junior Deacon. I also worked during the summer at the local mini-golf/arcade.

6. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I played volleyball and basketball all four years and did track and softball one year. I graduated second in my class. I guess I had the best of both worlds...I was a jock and a geek all wrapped up in one! LOL
    I was in lots of clubs in high school too.

I didn't date much from my high school (only dated one guy from my high school) but hung out with and dated guys from the other high school in town. I wasn't Miss Popular with the guys from our school, but WAS in the "in crowd" and popular. I was sort of the ugly duckling and didn't come into myself until college.

I was a social butterfly, loud, obnoxious, liked to do a bit of partying....WAY DIFFERENT than me now!!! I never broke my parent's rules (except the partying part), was home at curfew and was an all around good kid!!! I studied hard but had lots of fun!!

At this point in my life...I don't play any sports and feel like my 4 boys have sucked any brain cells that I may still have had away. I am a homebody but still keep in touch with my high school friends. I coached volleyball for several years was in pretty good shape before I had Derek (2 years ago) and need to get back there because it's driving me nuts!!!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  7. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I went a crazy in HS .. I went from a sweet library nerd, to a weird Goth, to a boy (one particular boy) crazy rule breaking nut! I went a bit insane for a while to punish my mum and dad for splitting up but I got my act together in the last year and went back to being a library nerd .... which I am still now :)

8. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I was a nerd in high school. Spent most of my time doing homework or working on the school newspaper. And I've been in the newspaper biz ever since! Still a nerd, too!