Pad Patter: 1/26 - Sleeping position

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

What's yours? Is it one of these?

[​IMG]

I'm mostly a side sleeper, with the top leg bent and my weight mostly on that side. So maybe more like a stomach sleeper with a leg bent up.

Last night, I think I was 9 different ones on this chart, but mostly the bottom row, second from the left. My poor husband. :whistle

2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I am top row, third one or second row first one.

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I guess I'm the top row, 4th over, assuming that dude is face down. Arm under the pillow for sure!

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOL to the chart....

I generally am second row from the top, third from left. I need to have a pillow between my knees because of my right hip & thigh having so much metal in it and my nerves are damaged in the thigh along the femur plus in my lower back on right side where they chiseled the bone for the graft, and my left hip is bone into bone, almost no ligament left, so the left rarely ever moves (the joint)
    But I think I change sides...sometimes if pain is very bad I can sleep on my tummy ...the only position I cannot fall asleep in is on my back...not sure why, but I can't (unless I'm in hospital with an IV attached to my arm LOL-

I think is possible I change positions without waking up, but sometimes I do wake up in pain, change and (after following Laura's video's breathing thing) I fall asleep again.....

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

2nd row, 3rd from left, except substitute a wad of duvet for that 2nd pillow. One leg under the duvet and one not. Sometimes I'm hugging a girl too. The sneaks will climb into bed and position my arm over them for me.

If it's really cold, DH makes me put both legs under the duvet, and my feet on top of him, because I never get cold and he needs me as a personal space heater.

6. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I'm the same as Angie - face down, arm under the pillow, legs in some bent up configuration like top row, fourth across! :D

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm a mix. Pregnancy changed my sleeping habits. I used to be a full on stomach sleeper with my hands almost crossed under me, but have totally switched since that big ol belly had gotten in the way.

So... I'm a mix of Top Row 3rd, Top Row 4th, and occasionally a Third Row 5th but no arm under my head. Usually, I have to have my head and parts of my legs hanging out of the duvet.

That last one is the oddest position, and my husband thinks it's so funny that I sleep that way. We have found my son sleeping like that too! It's actually funny, and I giggle at how he looks, then remember that I sleep like that too.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am top row, 3rd from the left. I sleep on my side rolled in the fetal position. My hubby doesn't know how i can take up such little space. I used to be a stomach sleeper too. Never on my back. feels weird.

9. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

I sleep exactly like you! :giggle

10. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Second row, far right (assuming he's on his stomach). So bad for my back!

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this is so funny. i'm not on here. i would say top row #3 is closest, but i always have one arm under my pillow and the other over the pillow (like the pillow is sandwiched in between my arms, if that makes sense.)

12. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I don't see me on here-- On side, with pillow under head, body pillow between knees and going in front of me and I'm partially on the body pillow with my upper half. Don't know how to describe this! Haha!

13. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Same. I fall asleep on my side every night though - always my left side, facing the wall.

14. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

This is so interesting. Top row third in for me too, but I also roll to the other side periodically when my back and hips tell me it's time for a change, which generally happens several times a night.

15. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

quite a few of these LOL

16. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hahahaha...this is awesome!!
    I am 2nd row 3rd or 4th one...I call my body pillow my "other boyfriend"...my fiance keeps trying to throw it off the bed :giggle

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I start on my back, then onto my side with one leg bent up, then I wake up a few times throughout the night and find myself on my back again with my arms stretching up behind my head but then when I wake up in the morning I am back on my side.

18. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Top row and the third one..... I always fall asleep on my left sight and wake up a my left sight too, just like I do not move :giggle

19. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I sleep like the third one on the bottom row, but my arms are like the last one on the second row- always have an arm under the pillow!

20. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Top row, fourth one ON STOMACH. Which lasts for a while and then I constantly fidget until I fall asleep. I wake up on my side/stomach generally. Sometimes my dog wedges himself between my straight and bent leg which restricts my flip flopping considerably.