Ooops

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tanteva, Aug 5, 2022.

1. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Just sent a message to hubby at work, complaining about both my EHDs being full. Got the reply: "So that's why you just bought more stuff?!"

Ooops! The problem with a joint PayPal account. LOL

I meant to scrap today, but I need to tend to my EHDs, that I can unzip my SOSN & BYOC shopping.

Why am I such a hoarder? Should I just get another EHD? :giggle

bestcee, wvsandy, Memaw2Wm and 2 others like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I say get another EHD :) I will have to do that soon too.. I also keep photos there :) Enjoy unpacking your new goodies!

Memaw2Wm and tanteva like this.
  3. tanteva

What's happening is I'm finding more digisupplies on my 2nd EHD. LOL Old templates from Fiddle-Dee-Dee ... and some BYOC stuff from March 2013 ... 13 GB that needs to be sorted.

:throwpc

Memaw2Wm and cfile like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

:) I know what you mean.. I just finally sorted my downloads that I have been meaning to move to the EHD :)

tanteva likes this.
  5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My EHDs are a mess. I'm slowly working on getting them organized. I have a ton of Project Mouse stuff and moving those kits and freebies to a separate EHD. When I go on vacation in September I'll spend a chunk of time on them. I got a lot done during my summer 2021 vacay week.

tanteva likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@tanteva Buy another EHD! I have three 4 TB EHDs, one 1 TB internal, and I won't hesitate to purchase another one when I start running out of space.

cfile, tanteva and G.J. like this.
  7. Memaw2Wm

Forgot to add, that YES buy another EHD ... storage is cheap!

tanteva likes this.
  8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

But another one. I have noticed in the past 5-10 years or so, a lot of things that I thought about deleting still look like they could have come out recently. I tend to not delete digisupplies unless they look aged

cfile and tanteva like this.
  9. tanteva

I've used tons of stuff recently that are 10+ years old. Still look good. I guess I will get another EHD. I deleted some other stuff (not scraprelated) that I really don't need at all. Probably not even back when I saved it. LOL Now the puter is working okey, and I can scrap without going crazy for waiting for stuff to load.

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've actually used stuff that looks aged because I found more photos from an event that I had scrapped using one of those kits all those years ago when I was on a CT. Even though my style has changed I scrapped the new layouts so that they look a lot like the old layout. Someone looking at the layouts will never know they were scrapped 10 years apart.
    I figure the price of a new EHD is minimal in the long run and you can never have too many. I put my stuff on multiple EHD's so if one fails, I have it on another. Online backups caused internet issues for me so that's not an option.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. tanteva

It's good to whine a bit. DH just ordered me a new EHD. Will get it next week.

:perfect:yowza

bestcee, jk703, Karen and 3 others like this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Kudos to your DH!

tanteva likes this.
  13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm going through a dilemma about what to ditch - I have kits from 2007!!

scribler likes this.
  14. emjaytee

emjaytee Active Member

Speaking of EHDs, here is my PSA for the day.

After EHD #4 died, I realised that I couldn't trust them, so I started paying for 2TB iCloud storage. EHD #5, my last remaining working EHD, just died last month. I realised that I had somehow missed uploading a couple of TLP kits to the cloud, so I've had to re-purchase them. Luckily it was only two!

I am SO RELIEVED that I had all of my kits, layouts, and 20 years of digital photos in the cloud, because if I had left them on the EHD, I would have lost EVERYTHING!

So my tip is to use cloud storage instead of EHDs. Or at least make sure you always have everything backed up on two separate EHDs, and if one dies, replace it immediately, so that when the other one inevitably dies, you'll still have the newer one. And just keep doing that until the end of time! :p

bestcee and tanteva like this.
  15. tanteva

My really old stuff, I sorted out a couple of years ago. Mainly pre-2010. Saved it all on one EHD. Can't delete stuff. LOL

16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, I have stuff from back then too. I did ditch some freebies but stuff I paid for. Nope. Still got it. And, I've recently used a few of those kits.

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Way to go for you hubby getting you a new EHD already. That's so awesome! I have all of my photos and digi-supplies on one EHD so I don't have to swap between different drives to figure out where my stuff is. That makes it a lot easier. And of course I have it all backed up to two other drives... one at home and one at work. I don't know what I'll do if my stash ever excedes the size of EHD that I can buy. :giggle

Memaw2Wm and tanteva like this.
  18. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I definitely have stuff from 2007 on my oldest EHD.

19. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I'm in the same situation! I need to order another EHD or two, get organized and all, I have tons of very old stuff and now a lot of new. I hate this unorganized mess though.

20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yay!! More EHD's (and more supplies!) are always the answer!!

tanteva likes this.