Oh my aching body!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by Karen, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:giggle Is anyone else feeling the aches of sitting in front of the computer a LOT more than usual this month? :rofl I had a double whammy, I was exposed to Covid last weekend and started having symptoms a few days later. After several negative tests, Covid has been ruled out (YAY!) but I still had a cold and basically was hiding from my family and the world all week... and what better place to hide that in front of my computer. Ha ha! The upside is that I'm catching up on lots of scrapbooking, the down side is my backside is tired of sitting in a chair! :D Anyone use a really awesome computer chair that they love? Link me up! I might need a new one soon!

What about you guys? Are you adding any yoga into your life to balance the extra time in front of the computer this month?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Im actually the opposite. First day really sitting in front of the computer all day we have been busy the last couple days looking for a new vehicle sitting in a dealership for hours to then drive home and we have to go back today to pick it up. BUT I am so excited!

Once I'm doing layout checks and not actually scrapbooking myself I took our laptop to the kitchen table when the chairs there are upholstered, my stool at my computer is an all metal so that only works for short periods.

Cherylndesigns and Karen like this.
  3. Karen

Oh that's exciting! What kind of car are you getting?

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m exceptionally lazy but for good reason too thanks to chronic fatigue, I end up scrapping in bed. Plus at the moment I’m dealing with some unwanted/unanswered (as of now) health issues so I’m having to be kind to my body. I see my doctor in just under a week so will start to figure it out after some lab tests most likely

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like my office chair. I splurged on it, after hemming and hawing for 3 months. I like that it has a mesh back because it keeps me cooler in the summer. It adjusts up and down of course, but the arms also adjust and that's one of the best things because I can really make it fit me.
    chair.jpg
    My tall husband loves it too. He kept stealing mine, so we ended up buying him his own. It really did change how much I hurt after time at the computer. My old chair would kill me after about a few hours. This one hasn't hurt me at all, even after an entire day of DSD!

6. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm sore because I've vowed to be more consistent working out this month. So far, haven't missed a day except assigned rest day so my muscles are sore. BUT, aside from the less than an hour working out every day, definitely having more chair/computer time. I tend to get a little numbness along the outside edge of my hand when I spend to much time at the computer which I have definitely been noticing.

Karen likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

We ended up going with the 2022 Lincoln Corsair, we got the family code from my brother in law and sold our car so it allowed us to upgrade..... besides my hubby retires in 2-3 years and our goal is to have it paid off before he retires so then we won't have a vehicle cost then. PLUS planning on traveling alot once he retires so that will give us a better vehicle to travel in. We are so excited! I've never had a suv. We went from full vans because we needed it with 6 children to a mini van and then we bought a car when we didn't need the room. Also looking forward to all the technology, never had navigation and the technology screen so that will be fun!

bestcee, Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I opened this thread to see who else always has a broken body! lol! UNITE! :grouphug

From working in the dental field for the last 20 years.... we're known for our aching! Thankfully I only work 2 days a week, but frequent massages & my hot tub are my best friends! For scrapping, like courtney- I have a great chair & it does make a world of difference. My routine on my off days is drop kids at school, home and into the hot tub for 30 mins, shower, then sit down at the computer to scrap/budget/pay bills/taxes, etc etc. :compcoffee

LoveItScrapIt, bestcee and Karen like this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I hope they have one of these set up so I can sit in it the next time I go to Sam's. I'd like a chair with arms but want to be able to push them up so the chair can be pushed all the way under the desk or table. This looks like it would work but I have to "try" it out!

bestcee, Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This looks just like mine, Courtney and I was going to post that no, my backside doesn't hurt anymore. LOL The right chair REALLY does make a difference!

LoveItScrapIt, Karen and bestcee like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

I just quoted Courtney's post - my chair is exactly like hers and I've been SO much better off. I've never had a "real" desk chair and finally broke down and got one. It is definitely worth whatever price you pay for it

bestcee and Karen like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Well, I've quoted Courtney's @bestcee post about her new chair and does it ever make a difference! Mine looks just like hers and I'm so glad I finally broke down and got one! I highly recommend one if you're going to be at a computer for long periods of time. I've never wanted to pay for one, but I'm so glad I did.

Karen @Karen sorry you've been dealing with the "sickies" - so have I - I've been exposed to it all around and feel like I've been fighting it off all week. Sending you get well vibes and I'm so happy that I'm feeling better, too. NO time to be sick this month, right?:bk:bk

bestcee likes this.
  13. Karen

I really wish I could scrap in bed. The only downside to having my computer be a desktop and having two large screens is that I am definitely NOT portable. Lol.

14. Karen

Thanks for the recommendation! I do think it might be time for me to get a new chair. I've been working from home again since August and the one I have at home was about $40 at Staples. I definitely don't think it was meant for all day/every day use. :giggle It was super comfortable at first, but now the squish is gone from the seat and I need more padding!

bestcee likes this.
  15. Karen

That's my other problem... Since I was sick and I wasn't sure if I had covid or not, I haven't been to the gym in a week and I definitely can tell. Working out definitely helps undo all the awful things I do to my body by sitting around.

16. Karen

OH it's so pretty! I hope you love it. I just made the switch a couple years ago from my mini van to a Subaru Forester which is a really small SUV. I love it. I do miss being able fold all my seats down in the minivan and buying lumber and plywood at Lowes. I can fit a 6 foot board in my car, but plywood has to be cut in half now. Priorities, right? :giggle

17. Karen

Oh a massage or a hot tub sounds heavenly right now! Maybe I should convince my hubby I need a massage this weekend. There's a lady in town that does the most amazing massages, but I'm always too cheap to shell out the cash to go see her.

amien1 likes this.
  18. Karen

This is my biggest pet peeve about office chairs... they never make the arms go low enough to fit under my desk all the way. I have a shallow drawer underneath my desk and chairs with arms always hit that drawer and then I can't scoot far enough in and end up leaning forward to reach stuff. It's murder on my lower back. That's why I have one without arms right now. Let me know what you find out if you get to test it out! :agree

19. Karen

I have a SUPER nice desk chair at work. It's Steelcase and I think they were like $900... but it's sitting there empty since I'm working from home. So silly. I guess I should have brought that home with me, but I do go in sometimes and I didn't want to have to drag a chair back and forth with me. :giggle

I am finally starting to feel better today thankfully. Sorry you've had it all around you too. And you're right.. we do NOT have time to be sick this month. Go away germs! :agree

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Glad to hear its not COVID and that you are using your time wisely....scrapping :) I can't help with the chair b/c I don't use a regular chair anymore. I use a kneeling chair (no back or arms) which is better for my back and core muscles (no slouching).

Karen likes this.