November 2018 Book Club - Ghosted

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Aug 20, 2018.

1. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I'm #7 on the queue now. :yawn

bellbird and Karen like this.
  2. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Wow! Slow queue :(

3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Just finished the book yesterday.

White text >>>> I had a lot of thoughts when reading. I thought that Eddie was responsible for Hannah's death. I thought that the letters were written by Sarah. I thought that Sarah was killed by the truck, especially when we didn't hear from her for several chapters. I also knew that she'd be pregnant. <<< end white text.
    Now on to the next book.

bellbird, Karen and MrsEm like this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Darn...I didn't check my library on line yesterday and this book came in then! I'm away for a week so it'll be December 3 before I can get it. Oh well!

5. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

The book is finally ready for me to pick up. It was on hold for awhile at my library. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow :)

bellbird and MrsEm like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i havent read the whole thread but this is where i'm at 70pages in and thinking i'm not gonna finish it before it's due back at the library with so much extra December stuff ... it's feeling like work at this stage - i hate that!

Karen and MrsEm like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i finished this a few days ago & took it back - it didn't grab me like some of the other books this year; it was a bit too easy to put down between chapters and i wasn't in a rush to return to it until the last few chapters (& more because it was actually due back at the library) and i think i agree with everything @Karen said in white

I get side tracked by peripheral characters, in this book, i wanted to know more about Jen and Javier (i think that's what they were called, the ones that helped with their business in the US and were on their last IVF - i guess my ending would have been different - in my head in my own version, Sarah got hit/narrow missed by the truck and lost the baby and that sort of loss cemented their friendship and Eddie moved to the States and left his mother to her own devices - the real ending was a bit too Happily Ever After for me, especially with the Mother revealing everything just in time for him to make it to the hospital. I did like Sarah's ex-husbands new partner (i can't remember her name) having the child in hospital connection to the clown Dr business and i think all these sidestories were helpful in padding out and making the timeline of this story feel more real, even with the 3 month later headings etc.

I'm glad it turned out that Sarah was driving and that was basically why Alex died and Eddie disappeared - I thought what everyone else did about Eddie being involved in Hannah's death with the letters etc, I can't think what book I read recently with that plot line but I had the 'not this plot again!' thought early on and that sort of soured me on the book until halfway through and I'm glad that the car accident explained the falling out with her friends issue that was alluded to when Tommy went to speak at the school with the bully/teacher - i think the author did a good job of tying everything together but i didn't love this one as much i thought i would. 3 to 3.5 stars?

(end of white)

Karen likes this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I finally got this from the library & started it on our drive home... then I finished it at 1:30 this morning! Lol! I really liked it- especially since my guesses were wrong. It's nice to read something not so predictable you know!?

bellbird and Karen like this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I did read it back in December and really enjoyed the setting and characters. "Surprised me how much I liked it and yes, it was a one day read." <-- from Goodreads.

Karen and bellbird like this.