Not good news but...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Apr 2, 2019.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well the results of yesterday's PET scan came today and it's most likely cancer behind the windpipe and in a lymph node. The doctor is scheduling a biopsy of the lymph node probably not til next week since Dick is going to Tampa for a spiritual retreat on Thursday. I'm so so glad he has that scheduled. By the time he gets back Sunday night there should also be an appointment with an oncologist. Bit by bit we get the knowledge and then in a week or so decisions will need to be made.

Once that call was over I realized I had a splitting headache so I finished up a week of Project Life. Scrap therapy!! Dick was calling to change our Arizona Easter plans to cancel Flagstaff, sadly the only part of the trip I was really looking forward to. But too cold for him now and not much fun for either of us when only one can eat. He still trying to eat soft food which invariably makes him choke and gag. But a know a diet of protein drinks isn't much fun so I understand. I believe my sense of compassion is being stretched. :hug

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh Maureen! I'm so sorry to hear it's cancer. It's never fun hearing those words especially when it's your spouse. Been there, done that. Sending BIG HUGS and prayers your way!

3. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I'm so sorry to read your post - please know I will be keeping your husband (and you) in my many thoughts and prayers. You have a big Pad community to support you!

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm so sorry to hear that it is cancer. I hope you get a treatment plan sorted out quickly. Hugs to you both.

5. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh goodness...definitely not the news one hopes to get. Sending lots of love your way.

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@cookingmylife
    Maureen, Hang in there. The waiting is the hardest part- alongside seeing them suffer and the thoughts that "this might not get better". But always hold on to hope- it grows best in the dark! And laugh as much as you can. Maybe watch a comedian on TV? A merry heart does good like a medicine, and the joy of the Lord, really, truly is your strength. Prayers for the both of you!

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm so sorry to hear. I will keep him in my prayers in sending hugs and strength to you both as you deal with this. Try to remain positive, although I'm sure it's easier said than done.

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@cookingmylife
    Maureen, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Dick as you face the decisions ahead of you.

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so sorry to read this, Maureen. You know you have all of our love, prayers and good thoughts coming your and Dick's way. Sending lots of hugs to you right this very minute. :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

How discouraging, so sad to hear this report. Courage an strength to you as you deal with this health issue.

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So sorry that the news was not good :( Thoughts and prayers for you both! :heartlub

12. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Sorry to hear this Maureen. Sending strength, positive thoughts and hugs your way.

13. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

awww Maureen! this is so sad to read! Sending you both lots of positive healing light and love! xxx

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm so very sorry, Maureen. I'm sending up a prayer!

15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Hoping for the best!

16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

All love your way Maureen! I think caring for someone you love who is in pain can be as tough as being the patient, take care of yourself as well xx

17. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

Oh, my! We walked this path not long ago and my heart goes out to both of you. Holding you close and holding you up in prayer.

AJK likes this.
  18. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Father, we uphold Dick and Maureen before Your throne. Our first request is that Dick be healed of the cancer. In any case, please shower Your grace upon them giving them courage and peace.

...Maureen, I will continue to pray for you both. I know, as you lean upon the Lord, you will be blessed.

AJK likes this.
  19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Hold on in there ,take the time to just be.. and remember Cancer hates excersise and fresh air. It is as good a reason as any to go out and enjoy the spring.

20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yuck, so sorry Maureen. My sister in law was diagnosed with cancer this week so I can empathise.
    Sending you much love and a squishy hug from the other side of the planet.